Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images

UQs: HG vs UGQ

I am in the market for my first UQ. I am leaning towards the HG. I know both are highly regarded and awesome pieces of kit.

Anyone out there own or tried both willing to admit they like one more than the other? What are the differences that you like? If you had to chose one, which would it be?

HG: I like the shape/contour/suspension a lot. Price is slightly better.
    UGQ: I dig the draft collars and the extra width being a big guy. The draft collars seem like a no brainer for a UQ that will be forming around your body. I don't think the HG comes with DCs. I sure wish they did.

Anyone care to chime in and help me decide? I searched but had trouble finding a direct comparison.

HG quilts have draft collars too.
    For me HG quilts lean more towards being trimmer/lighter and UGQ more towards coverage and durability.
    Just depends on features and price you need.

Hammock
    Lots
    Tarp
    Winter style :)
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    buckle
    I own HG but plan on buying UGQ also just so I know for me what I like

IMHO flip a coin or buy the one you like the most

or buy both sell the other one here since they seem to be about $20 less than full retail ? it would be a small fee to pay to have peace of mind

Hammock
    Anything hanging in the living room
    We do indeed have draft collars. We've been on it, taking new product photos for the last few weeks. Those pictures with draft collars will be up on the website very soon! We also specialize in custom gear, and make make any width you'd like. Just let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thorwren View Post
    We do indeed have draft collars. We've been on it, taking new product photos for the last few weeks. Those pictures with draft collars will be up on the website very soon! We also specialize in custom gear, and make make any width you'd like. Just let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!
    Thanks guys, for the quick responses.

Good to know about the draft collars, I wasn't sure. That was important to me. I went ahead and ordered the HG Incubator 10°. I'm sure I will be happy!

Hammock
    DH RG 11' 1.6 Lefty
    Tarp
    HG, OES
    Insulation
    UQG,HG,WB
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    They are both quality products. You can't go wrong.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    They are both quality products. You can't go wrong.
    Ditto... I own and use UQs from both companies.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Banned
    Hammock
    Sold
    Insulation
    Varies
    Suspension
    Depends
    Most of the new questions on which vendor to go with is simply a matter of personal choice. If there is a problem someone will post the problem and possibly how the problem was resolved.

It is important to test or at least see the piece of equipment, really at this stage, the only way to know which piece you want.

I recently purchases an item that was expensive for me, I finally scored a test run with the item, guess what? It is not going to work for my needs. I definitely should have known better, I am always suggesting try before you buy. Want new bed, try it out first, want a new car, rent the same type of vehicle for a weekend road trip, on and on, try first. Ya, I should have followed my own advice. (Normally I do exactly what I suggest, I broke my own rule, now I pay).

You will be pleased with either company. Quality work, great selection, better yet the customer service is good. Look how quickly torwren replied, that should be of some assistance to making your choice.

Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx
    Suspension
    Adj. Webbing
    I can't speak for UGQ, but I have 8 HG quilts and love them all equally. I have also had great experience with customer service. When Adam found out one of my quilts was an older model he asked me to send it in to retro fit it with all his latest updates. Since I live in the area I dropped it by on my way to a backpacking trip, when I arrived he gave me a tour, we talked shop and outdoors, and then he tossed my a CF hex tarp I had ordered (which was not due to be finished) so I could have it for my hike. Great folks in the Buckeye state...O-H!

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Burg54 View Post
    Thanks guys, for the quick responses.

Good to know about the draft collars, I wasn't sure. That was important to me. I went ahead and ordered the HG Incubator 10°. I'm sure I will be happy!
    If you decide to sell the 10* HG UQ, PLEASE let me know.
    Thx

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast