retying eno hammock

One of the ends of my singlenest came untied. Any suggestions for an appropriate load bearing knot to retie the caribiner?

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    They have a weird knot in there. I am surprised it came loose though. I retied mine with a double fisherman's knot tying the ends of the same piece on itself to create a loop, then buried the knot. As suggested on the link page, make a triple for safety.
    Last edited by Running Feather; 09-13-2009 at 12:28. Reason: additional info
    2015 John Rock Spreadsheet.

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Simpler approach might be to replace the entire rig, rope and biner, on both ends with a JRB Hammock Suspension and Triglide set and the hammock will be lighter than stock hammock itself and you get straps and a no knot set up all in one package...

Alternatively, study the knot on the other end and replicate it.

Pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    If you're into the DIY approach, I might suggest viewing Griss' vids on You Tube. He's got some great info and a simple approach. He also shows the JRB triglide system if you want to buy your solution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f2Xts3Spsc

"If you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you should do is STOP DIGGING "

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    I made a couple of mods to my ENO Double and finally found my sweet spot. I'm just shy of 6' tall but felt lost in the double so I cut of the colored edges (and shaved off approx 3 oz). I then untied one end (now the foot end) and re-whipped it in a "W" (as per JustJeffs tothewoods web site) and tied that with a knot. The head end still uses the factory channel w/climbing runners and "D" rings on both ends. So in a nut shell - shorter, narrower, lighter and over all more comfortable...works for me anyway.

Hammock
    DIY of the Day
    Tarp
    DIY of the Day
    Insulation
    DIY PLoft/IX-UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    WS or Spyder Line
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KMACK View Post
    I made a couple of mods to my ENO Double and finally found my sweet spot. I'm just shy of 6' tall but felt lost in the double so I cut of the colored edges (and shaved off approx 3 oz). I then untied one end (now the foot end) and re-whipped it in a "W" (as per JustJeffs tothewoods web site) and tied that with a knot. The head end still uses the factory channel w/climbing runners and "D" rings on both ends. So in a nut shell - shorter, narrower, lighter and over all more comfortable...works for me anyway.
    Sounds great. Can you post a pic?

Hammock
    Simply Light Design
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    LeighLo Down UQ
    Suspension
    Back to Whoopies!
    That would involve my wife...the "W" whipping is from http://www.tothewoods.net/HomemadeHammock2.html. But finished w/a knot. The Climbing runners was from a post from Shadowmoss and can be viewed in his pics. I'll have my own pics some day.

• + New Posts