Maybe. I really dont hike( 5 to 10 miles) too far. I mainly just camp. My pack may be heavy....but when i get there. I live like a KING!!!!
which suspension system is recommended when ordering a BB? probably going to order one in the near future. and being 250# I will get the 1.7 dbl. for good measure.
HMM, most people get ADjustable webbing, which is what i recommend. I recommend because if later you want to use whoppie slings (which you will because of the weight savings and ease of adjustability), you can cut your adjustable webbing straps to 6 or 4 foot lengths, and sew a loop on the lengths that dont already have loops, to use with a marlinspike toggle to connect to your whoppie sling. sounds complicated, but super easy.
1. cut 6 foot of webbing
2. sew loop wide enough for free end of webbing to pass though
3. make 2 whoppie slings and attach to hammock (have to remove adjustable webbing suspension-this should probably be step 1 but anyway..)
4. wrap 6 foot hugger around tree and pass through loop
5. make a marlin spike toggle in it
5. put whoppie sling loop over the toggle and pull free end of whoppie sling to adjust
I think my DBL 1.1 is 28 oz with the amsteel blue lines. Tarp is about 20 oz in the stuff sack with stakes, UQ is about 14 oz, So about 3 lbs 14 oz for my shelter.
DBL 1.1 with adjustable webbing it is then....thanks guys.
My double layer 1.1 + 2x 6 foot huggers + 2 16 foot whoopie slings is 27 , my wifes for the same setup is 25, no idea why. but theres a ballpark.
most likely combination of whoppie sling variation + hammock variation