Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    K

I'm going to give it a few days to see who else pipes up before I collate any of the info.

If it looks like everybody is going to Neiderhoffer, we'll draw lots Friday Night to see who gets spots right by the lake and who might need to camp a bit up trail from it far enough that we abide by the letter of the law.

Anybody heard from Cookie Coon> Ida though he'd have shouted out by now.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    hennessy hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    I'm in as long as I am still located in Texas at the time. I will be at #8 for Friday then hope to get to the lake in a non hike fashion as I fell and injured my knee and it doesn't want to heal. Perhaps I could ride over with Mrs Baby Huey?
    I don't anticipate leaving Texas so here's hoping. Never been to the lake and am looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by hanggirl View Post
    I'm in as long as I am still located in Texas at the time. I will be at #8 for Friday then hope to get to the lake in a non hike fashion as I fell and injured my knee and it doesn't want to heal. Perhaps I could ride over with Mrs Baby Huey?
    I don't anticipate leaving Texas so here's hoping. Never been to the lake and am looking forward to it.
    Yes mam, you are welcome to hitch a ride with me.

Hammock
    wbbb xlc
    Tarp
    hennessy hex
    Insulation
    JRB Mt Washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. Baby Huey View Post
    Yes mam, you are welcome to hitch a ride with me.
    Thank you kindly!

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Sarge, i did a write up on Heat related illnesses, some clothing stuff and how it relates to the Butt Bake. Want me to run it by you first or just post it here?
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Hammock
    Hammock Bliss Double
    Tarp
    Hammock Gear Cuben
    Insulation
    RevelationX TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Sarge – Thanks for putting the Butt Bake together again. Count me in! If spots are spoken for, I don’t need an expensive waterfront site and can happily make do in the Ghetto – as long as it doesn’t burn. I’ll probably arrive Friday afternoon and bring a folding table, a stove and if rain threatens, a pop-up canopy and/or very large tarp. I won’t need anything driven out to Neiderhoffer, except if any of the above is needed. It's hard to say this in Texas, but now I’m looking forward to late July.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by humer91 View Post
    Sarge, i did a write up on Heat related illnesses, some clothing stuff and how it relates to the Butt Bake. Want me to run it by you first or just post it here?
    Well, I tell ya.

At first I thought of just posting it here, but its so dang good I put it on my blog so I'll always know where it is, and I'm going to put the link in my signature block.

http://godgunspoliticsandhammockcamp...-and-butt.html

What Tom says in there about stuff like Gatorade is good advice. I'd recommend everybody put a bottle of that kind of thing in their packages going over to Neiderhoffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Snaggleroot View Post
    Sarge – Thanks for putting the Butt Bake together again. Count me in! If spots are spoken for, I don’t need an expensive waterfront site and can happily make do in the Ghetto – as long as it doesn't burn. I’ll probably arrive Friday afternoon and bring a folding table, a stove and if rain threatens, a pop-up canopy and/or very large tarp. I won’t need anything driven out to Neiderhoffer, except if any of the above is needed. It's hard to say this in Texas, but now I’m looking forward to late July.
    You are entirely welcome, Snags.

The canopy might come in handy for Friday. If there's room in the truck(s) going over Saturday morning, it might get over to Neiderhoffer as well, but first priority is getting everybody's gear over there to minimize pack weight and volume for the hike.

No spots are spoken for as of right now. I think it might be fun if everybody is planning on making the hike and staying Saturday night to pull names from a hat during the entertainment portion of Friday night's festivities to see who gets the premium lakefront sites.

Bribes may be offered in the form of cookies, good Tex Mex (OK, there really is any bad Tex Mex is there?), or fresh sausage and cheese kolaches made with Chapel Hill sausage.
    Last edited by sargevining; 03-16-2015 at 16:04.

Hammock
    My DIY 1.9 SL ATACS-FG WB clone
    Tarp
    DIY Sil ATACS Hex
    Insulation
    Underquilt.com FL
    Suspension
    DBL StrapCarabiner
    Images
    Nothing beats the great laughs from reading through the trip planner threads that are authored by Sergeant Vining.

Please mark me down as attending! I can't miss this one.

I may drag along a teenager or two, depending on what happens this summer with their plans.

Take it easy,

gmcpcs
    Semper Veritas.

Banned
    Hammock
    DIY 12' Channel end
    Tarp
    HH Hex w/doors
    Insulation
    Underwoobie T/UQ
    Suspension
    RacerLoops w/Cinch
    Images
    OK---
    After 10 days, this is the head count.

Please note I'm only listing those who said they are definitely coming and when. If you're not on the list, its not that I don't like you and don't want you to come, its that you didn't say "Fer sher, Dude", so give a shout:

Arriving Thursday:

Me
    Uncle Mike
    Humer91
    Wanderlust
    Flynguy521

Possible Thursday:

Baby Huey +1

We'll meet at PL #8 Thursday afternoon and head over there around 1800. If you can't make it by then, PM me for the gate combination and directions when we get closer to the date. I'll leave my vehicle there to provide somewhat secure storage of gear (and so that the Permit stays in the glovebox). We should leave at least one or two other vehicles there as well, but that's something we can figger out when we get there. If Humer is still going to do shuttle duty, we'd need to get him back over there sometime Friday to pick up his vehicle.

Hiking to PL8 from Niederhoffer Friday Morning:

Humer91
    Me

(We'll slack pack this one as well, sending our stuff over to PL8 with the slackers who want to drive)

Definitely hiking to Niederhoffer Saturday morning:

Me
    Humer91
    Baby Huey +1
    LostAgain
    Wanderlust +1
    GoSpidey +2
    GMPCS +2
    Tyler
    Hanggirl
    Snaggleroot
    Lumberjack (via PM to me on FB)
    Flynguy521

Possible at Niederhoffer Saturday (Hike or otherwise):

Uncle Mike

Shuttling to Neiderhoffer Saturday morning:

Mrs Baby Huey
    Hanggirl

So far, we have 19 people (if all the +2's and possibles show up), so we are under the 20 person limit for Niederhoffer use.

IF YOU ARE BRINGING A WATER CRAFT:

Please review what's been said here. Please arrive Thursday or before 1600 on Friday so that we can coordinate the cat juggling without affecting the dinner schedule.

Quick Review of The Plan:

Dinner Friday night will be at 2000 (8 PM). Please plan your arrival and/or the dish you are bringing so that we can start on time. This is so as to make the supply run Friday night as smooth as possible and allow everybody time enough to get their possibles ready for an early departure for the hike on Saturday morning. If you're going to be late, don't worry too much, there's always plenty of food.

Saturday's hike. We should leave as early as possible to mitigate the effects of temperature and humidity. In his Heat advice, Tom said 0700, I said 0900---lets compromise on 0800. Reveille will be at 0600. Please be fed and packed by 0745 so that everything that needs to go over to Niederhoffer gets into the Saturday shuttle vehicles by 0800.

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole;DIY
    Insulation
    HGIncubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings

TX > \New Waverly>4th Annual Texas Butt Bake>July 30-Aug 2 2015

Quote Originally Posted by sargevining View Post
    OK---
    After 10 days, this is the head count.

Please note I'm only listing those who said they are definitely coming and when. If you're not on the list, its not that I don't like you and don't want you to come, its that you didn't say "Fer sher, Dude", so give a shout:

Arriving Thursday:

Me
    Uncle Mike
    Humer91
    Wanderlust
    Flynguy521

Possible Thursday:

Baby Huey +1

We'll meet at PL #8 Thursday afternoon and head over there around 1800. If you can't make it by then, PM me for the gate combination and directions when we get closer to the date. I'll leave my vehicle there to provide somewhat secure storage of gear (and so that the Permit stays in the glovebox). We should leave at least one or two other vehicles there as well, but that's something we can figger out when we get there. If Humer is still going to do shuttle duty, we'd need to get him back over there sometime Friday to pick up his vehicle.

Hiking to PL8 from Niederhoffer Friday Morning:

Humer91
    Me

(We'll slack pack this one as well, sending our stuff over to PL8 with the slackers who want to drive)

Definitely hiking to Niederhoffer Saturday morning:

Me
    Humer91
    Baby Huey +1
    LostAgain
    Wanderlust +1
    GoSpidey +2
    GMPCS +2
    Tyler
    Hanggirl
    Snaggleroot
    Lumberjack (via PM to me on FB)
    Flynguy521

Possible at Niederhoffer Saturday (Hike or otherwise):

Uncle Mike

Shuttling to Neiderhoffer Saturday morning:

Mrs Baby Huey
    Hanggirl

So far, we have 19 people (if all the +2's and possibles show up), so we are under the 20 person limit for Niederhoffer use.

IF YOU ARE BRINGING A WATER CRAFT:

Please review what's been said here. Please arrive Thursday or before 1600 on Friday so that we can coordinate the cat juggling without affecting the dinner schedule.

Quick Review of The Plan:

Dinner Friday night will be at 2000 (8 PM). Please plan your arrival and/or the dish you are bringing so that we can start on time. This is so as to make the supply run Friday night as smooth as possible and allow everybody time enough to get their possibles ready for an early departure for the hike on Saturday morning. If you're going to be late, don't worry too much, there's always plenty of food.

Saturday's hike. We should leave as early as possible to mitigate the effects of temperature and humidity. In his Heat advice, Tom said 0700, I said 0900---lets compromise on 0800. Reveille will be at 0600. Please be fed and packed by 0745 so that everything that needs to go over to Niederhoffer gets into the Saturday shuttle vehicles by 0800.
    Hey Sarge, I'll take that last spot at the lake. Most likely be there Friday afternoon.

• + New Posts
  • Page 6 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast