Tarp
    OES Spinn Deluxe
    Insulation
    REI Lite-Core 1.0
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopies
    Images
    God I hate Parents in this country.
    Those who expect disappointment are never disappointed.

Hammock
    warbonnet blackbird, eno doublenest
    Tarp
    oes,warbonnet
    Insulation
    yeti/incubator
    Suspension
    whoopie sling AHE
    talked to mom this evening, here was the issue I invertanty said we were going to castle rock really meaning rock cut state park, appearently on the 10 o'clock news there was a pervert watching women /girls in the shower house at castle rock, she heard this and flipped cause we did not return from our lil trip. last call to the mother was at 9:30 so we all were not aware of this issue, mind you the distance betwen the parks is 160 miles and in seperate states only after me calling this evening to get the real issues aired out
    stating we were in rock cut and NOT castle rock all was ok!! WOW what a mess to all thank you for the kind words and no offense was taken to any post. PS why she didn't call me to ask if I had heard of this I don't know and niether does she or the father!!!
    i do not remember the question, however i believe beer is the answer

Hammock
    DIY Bridge
    Tarp
    DIY 11x10
    Insulation
    DIY UQ & down bag
    Wow. Sometimes things get out of control. Glad you got the problem solved.

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks Cuben
    Insulation
    JRB TQ & Te-Wa UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Well now, all this time I just thought she was upset that it wasn't a Warbonnet Blackbird.

I'm really glad you got that resolved.
    "Well, you might be lazy, but if we were not all about comfort here this would be a tent forum!" - - Roadtorque

Hammock
    1.1dbl WBBB
    Tarp
    ZPacks DCF
    Insulation
    SLD Enigma/WB Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Quote Originally Posted by Pastorus View Post
    Well now, all this time I just thought she was upset that it wasn't a Warbonnet Blackbird.
    Dan
    W7DDM

Hammock
    Dutchware Half-Wit Hexon 1.6
    Tarp
    HG Palace
    Insulation
    Burrow & Crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    The woman/mother in question should be offically declared an idiot until she begs forgiveness of the High Hammock Council.
    Last edited by Hooch; 09-14-2009 at 20:55.
    "If you play a Nicleback song backwards, you'll hear messages from the devil. Even worse, if you play it forward, you'll hear Nickleback." - Dave Grohl

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking Bear View Post
    Wow. Sometimes things get out of control.
    Occasionally w/o the assistance of CNN.
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

Hammock
    WarBonnet BB 1.1 DBL
    Tarp
    Maccat Deluxe Spin
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniv + Yeti
    Suspension
    Whoppie Slingin'
    Quote Originally Posted by kayaknut01 View Post
    had planned a quick overnighter in a local state park on friday, daughter(9) had plans to ask me if a friend could stay overnight unaware of my plans to take her and her 5 yr old sister out camping, anyways had the friend come with,fully explained that a tent was there in case of very foul weather and for changing But if she needed or wanted she could sleep in the tent weather report was perfect. mid 60's for a low at night. We got back sat afternon. The friends mom picked her up, she explained to mom she spent the night in a hammock, thought it was awesome had awesome time, did the smore's thing.Mind you this kids parents don't take her camping??? mom told me I was iresponsible for letting 2 9yr old girls sleep in hammocks. Did not give me her reasoning on why!!! So could you all maybe shed some light on what she means??? PS.... I was asked by my daughters friend when can she go "hang" again with us and gave me a hug said" thank you " for a great time
    I say product of post 9/11 female fear, seriously some women are so protective and worrisome that they never live their life without fear by their side. Look at all the things we cannot do today or have to do differently because, *gasp* someone got hurt.

Hammock
    Molly Mac Gear
    Images
    That's a wacky story! People really know how to get themselves worked up these days.

My daughter's Girl Scout group arranged a trip to Pilot Mtn State Park, and 3 girls showed up. The rest were not allowed to go... their parents said it was too dangerous.

I like it best when the parents of the kid we're taking camping want to come along with us!

- MacEntyre
    - MacEntyre
    "We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Ben Franklin
    www.MollyMacGear.com

Hammock
    Hennessey Explorer Ultralight
    Tarp
    Hennessey Hex
    Insulation
    HH Super Shelter
    Suspension
    ring buckle
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ikemouser View Post
    I say product of post 9/11 female fear, seriously some women are so protective and worrisome that they never live their life without fear by their side. Look at all the things we cannot do today or have to do differently because, *gasp* someone got hurt.
    Let's not blow this out of proportion. Mom heard news reports of a predator in the vincinity of where she thought her child was. Seems to me she had a reason to "overreact" even though the whole thing was a mis-understanding. The problem was addressed properly and responsibly. I don't think falls under the Patriot Act.
    I may be slow... But I sure am gimpy.

"Bless you child, when you set out to thread a needle don't hold the thread still and fetch the needle up to it; hold the needle still and poke the thread at it; that's the way a woman most always does, but a man always does t'other way."
    Mrs. Loftus to Huck Finn

We Don't Sew... We Make Gear! video series

Important thread injector guidelines especially for Newbies

Bobbin Tension - A Personal Viewpoint

• + New Posts
  • Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast