Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryW View Post
    I'm using Climashield Combat with Momentum90 for the fabric. It's some that I had left over from a top quilt I made a couple of years ago. In a tent () the top quilt was only good to mid-50's for me. In a hammock, with that top quilt and a Combat underquilt, I've been warm in the low 40's so far. Testing will continue as the temps drop this fall.

I'm really anxious to see a BB in person. Would the ultra flat lay more closely resemble a bridge hammock, as far as underquilts are concerned?

Jerry
    I have used my TQ/UQ using Climashield Combat down to 30*f but felt I was pushing the limits, good luck with your testing
    IMO, UQs on the BB are "different" (not worse or better) because of the more distinct diagonal. I use a 2/3 UQ + ccf pad under my legs in all seasons...(my winter UQ is cut asym) it just works better for me. A full length UQ is tricky around the footbox.
    Compared to a bridge (I also have a BMBH), my winter Warbonnet Yeti is diff/asym cut and doesn't fit a bridge as well as a gathered end hammock. My other rectangle cut UQs work equally well 3 seasons. The rectangle bridge is easy to fit a rectangle UQ on. Again IMO, a bridge would not work well with darted UQs
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    So..............if Im understanding the whole concept correctly, with a Speer type hammock (non asym, no pull outs) I dont really need darts. Is that why people make "coffin" shaped quilts?

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB XLC 1.7, Traveler S1.7
    Tarp
    Cuben DIY
    Insulation
    Hammockgear
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    So..............if Im understanding the whole concept correctly, with a Speer type hammock (non asym, no pull outs) I dont really need darts.
    IMO, no. My UQs have worked fine down to 20ish*F without darts on hammocks without single point pullouts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevebo View Post
    Is that why people make "coffin" shaped quilts?
    The main reason to shape like a coffin is to save weight by cutting out fabric around your legs
    "Every day is a new day to a better future"
    "Of all the things that matter, that really and truly matter, working more efficiently and getting more done is not among them." ~ Mike Dooley
    "What if I told you that you couldn't have anymore of anything... No more friends, no more money, no more anything, until you first got happy with what you have?"~ Mike Dooley
    "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing." ~ Socrates

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12