Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rmagnus View Post
    I subbed your YT channel. Really liked the hikes you shared. I recently got an ULA Ohm 2.0 and really like it. Tucson has always been a special place to me. I recently got back into hammocking and want to do this Tucson hike. I'm lucky to have AZ back in my travels for work. Now I'll just have to schedule some Thursday/Friday morning business then hit the trail Friday afternoon for a couple over nighters.
    Thanks for subscribing! Since you are traveling often to Tucson, check out the Aravaipa hike on my channel. It is arguably the best hike in Southern Arizona.
    My hiking/backpacking Youtube channel: Youtube

My BackpackGearTest reviews: Reviews

If you have an HH, then you should read my SuperShelter review: HH Super Shelter

ill have to check that out one day

Hammock
    SLD Streamliner DL 1.1 Marpat camo
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mojeb21 View Post
    ill have to check that out one day
    It's an easy drive from Phoenix. I am actually headed up there this afternoon, taking a good friend with me that has not backpacked in many decades. It's a great trail for noobs: the path is easy to follow, dependable water, good campsites.

If you have an HH, then you should read my SuperShelter review: HH Super Shelter

Hammock
    Amok Draumr XL
    Tarp
    Cave Creek Hammock
    Insulation
    Amok Fjøl XL
    Suspension
    Amok suspension
    I just read this thread yesterday and subscribed to your channel as well. spent a little time last night watching a few of your videos and I can't wait to get down there and hike that trail in Tucson. I live in PHX and have never hiked the Superstitions - no reason, just haven't ever gotten over to that area. I'll be giving them a try this spring - looked like plenty of places to hang! Thanks for the tips and the videos!

hope to see you around!

Randy

Hammock
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AZsteelman View Post
    I just read this thread yesterday and subscribed to your channel as well. spent a little time last night watching a few of your videos and I can't wait to get down there and hike that trail in Tucson. I live in PHX and have never hiked the Superstitions - no reason, just haven't ever gotten over to that area. I'll be giving them a try this spring - looked like plenty of places to hang! Thanks for the tips and the videos!

hope to see you around!

Randy
    Glad you found them useful. I'm doing a new hike in the Supes next month, the Reavis waterfall, supposedly the highest falls in the range when the creek is running. If the conditions are right, I'll do a video of that hike.

Thanks for subscribing!!

--Kurt

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    I wanted to say thank you for this! While visiting my parents over the Christmas holiday, I was able to sneak away for the one day it wasn't raining and do a bit of hiking and hanging here. I got a late start due to how foggy it was earlier in the day, and only made it to the camp past the Romero Pools, but it worked out reasonably well as a hang site. Next time, I'd like to get up to the other sites you showed in the video!

Hammock
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by caveat View Post
    I wanted to say thank you for this! While visiting my parents over the Christmas holiday, I was able to sneak away for the one day it wasn't raining and do a bit of hiking and hanging here. I got a late start due to how foggy it was earlier in the day, and only made it to the camp past the Romero Pools, but it worked out reasonably well as a hang site. Next time, I'd like to get up to the other sites you showed in the video!
    Glad that worked out for you! I've never camped at that site just past the pools, doesn't look like more than one hammock could be hung there. Gettin' pretty chilly up there, there was snow at the upper sites a few days ago.

Hammock
    WB BB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Wooki
    Quote Originally Posted by kwpapke View Post
    Glad that worked out for you! I've never camped at that site just past the pools, doesn't look like more than one hammock could be hung there. Gettin' pretty chilly up there, there was snow at the upper sites a few days ago.
    No, I did wander around the rock formation there and there are a couple of other single trees scattered around it, but there's only one pair that's hangable. The brush around them made anchoring a large tarp a little tricky. If it hadn't ended up so windy, that wouldn't have been a big deal, but a few stakes did pull out in the night and I ended up with a little flapping in the breeze in the morning.

Hammock
    Lite owl by Wilderness Logic
    Insulation
    Thermarest Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Thanks for the beautiful video. I am a Green Valley, Az home hanger. Enjoyed the video!

Hammock
    Tarp
    AHE Shangri La
    Insulation
    JRB MW3 or HHSS
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbi520 View Post
    Thanks for the beautiful video. I am a Green Valley, Az home hanger. Enjoyed the video!
    Thanks for the feedback! You should come to our Spring hang on Mt Lemmon, it would be a very short drive for you:

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...18-Spring-Hang

--Kurt

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123