Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    Alright ! This is finally the next trip on my list. Started the gear pile today!

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    Just an idea for those of you meeting up saturday morning. It may be easier for all of you to meet at the takeout location first, consolidate all the gear/people to 1 or 2 vehicles if possible and leave the rest of the vehicles there. It'll save time driving back and forth between put in and take out spots.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    HG hex, WBSF
    Insulation
    HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Beetle
    Images
    Sounds good. Maybe a Friday night person with boat storage space vehicle can meet us there depending on what is needed .We will need to make all the fine details Friday.

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by gastar View Post
    Sounds good. Maybe a Friday night person with boat storage space vehicle can meet us there depending on what is needed .We will need to make all the fine details Friday.
    As of right now there will only be 4 of us friday night. Pretbek will be the only one with a car saturday morning and meeting 1960hikerdude at the takeout point. The rest of us are putting in our kayaks at the campground and floating down to meet the rest of the group at the redstone bridge.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    After looking more into the parking at Hiram it looks like the lane is gated and no parking right there. There looks to be parking along the other side of the street but it may be private. I found a trailhead parking area for Mt. Cutter off of Mountain View Ave Hiram, ME that looks promising. If anyone has any input or can find any information that'd be great. I'll continue to dig too to see what i can find. I don't want anyone getting ticketed or towed while we're paddling for the weekend.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird, 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing w/ rings
    My buddy & I are in for Friday night! Hopefully it isn't too late to book that second campsite at reduced rate... Would someone be willing to help us leave our car in Brownfield Friday night? It might be a bit late since we both have to work and my friend is coming from CT.

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    Quote Originally Posted by jofish View Post
    My buddy & I are in for Friday night! Hopefully it isn't too late to book that second campsite at reduced rate... Would someone be willing to help us leave our car in Brownfield Friday night? It might be a bit late since we both have to work and my friend is coming from CT.
    Nope we have until next thursday to book the 2nd campsite at the half price. If you guys come it will knock the total price down to $13 a person for the night with 6 of us staying there. What time are you thinking you'll be getting in? We are going to spot 1 vehicle in Hiram and I was going to park my car at the put in location so i didn't have to bother with it on saturday but i can wait until you get there first if you'd like. However, it is a 1 mile walk from the put in location back to campsite but i can drop you off back there first and make the walk myself, that's not a problem.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    I figured out the Hiram (takeout) parking location. I spoke with a lady from River Run Canoe who owns the land and she said we are more than welcome to park there for the weekend for no charge and we'll be good to go.

The location is in Hiram near the bridge just off Rt 117 (Main St). It is a dirt road and has a sign that says River Run and the entrance is next to an old building called "Village 2nd Hand". GPS coordinates to actual parking area back the dirt road is 43.880973, -70.803618

If something comes up or changes when we get there friday i'll update here so those showing up saturday will know for sure where to park.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

Hammock
    Warbonnet Blackbird, 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    Yeti UQ, DIY TQ
    Suspension
    Webbing w/ rings
    Quote Originally Posted by atrane21 View Post
    Nope we have until next thursday to book the 2nd campsite at the half price. If you guys come it will knock the total price down to $13 a person for the night with 6 of us staying there. What time are you thinking you'll be getting in? We are going to spot 1 vehicle in Hiram and I was going to park my car at the put in location so i didn't have to bother with it on saturday but i can wait until you get there first if you'd like. However, it is a 1 mile walk from the put in location back to campsite but i can drop you off back there first and make the walk myself, that's not a problem.
    We'll probably arrive on the later side; right now I'm guessing we'll get into North Conway around 9pm. I'm going to see if I can get out of work earlier, but no guarantees. I figured we'd drop our gear at the campsite, drop the canoe at the put-in location (I assume there are trees we can lock the canoe to?), and then hopefully shuttle our car to Brownfield. How does that sound?

Hammock
    Hex 1.0 Chameleon
    Tarp
    Xenon
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Secret
    No need to drop the canoe at the put in location. We'll be able to push off right from the campground saturday morning and float down to meet everyone at the put in.
    We'll be there at camp but if you come after 9 you'll have to call or text me because apparently the gates close and you need a pass to get in.
    DutchWare Gear
    www.DutchWareGear.com

• + New Posts
  • Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast