Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    i asked about moving the zipper location closer to the end, and was told it was a $20 custom surcharge and that only one other person had asked for it up to now. i decided to skip it and just ordered it as-is.

i received mine last weekend and haven't had much time laying in it. part of me wishes i had gone for the custom zipper location knowing what i do now after having spent some time on the xlc, but i'm also ok with it the way it is.
    Interesting. I wasn't aware that was an option. I should have asked. $20 seems spendy to move a zipper termination 9" but I dont know what goes into it. I am guessing its a bit of a hassle for him.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

The zipper location makes more sense when using the winter top cover. A couple of poles streched over the ridge, between the tie outs, with the cover unzipped to my feet, creates an open clamshell effect with a roof. Should make a nice summer shade.

I haven't had much issue out of mine. There are some ribbon ties when you pull the net over that helps hold it out of the way. I found sitting just a couple inches closer to the foot end solved any issues I had too. When I lay down its a non issue. I'm sure they can do some custom work for you too if you email them.

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    I had the same thought when I first laid in mine, but after a few nights I've decided I like my zipper pull right where it is.

Hammock
    DH Thunderbird or WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    WB Superfly or HHx
    Insulation
    HG 0deg Inc/Bur
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by novasquid View Post
    I was watching a few videos of the Blackbird XLC and noticed that the zipper location prevents the bugnet from being fully flipped over when half unzipped. has that been a problem for anyone? would it be harder to reach the zipper pull from the inside if it was closer to the hammock end?

when not using the bugnet I like to have it half zipped on one side so that it can be flipped over the ridgeline and out of the way as much as possible.
    Novasquid,

I have the same problem. Was out in the woods last night and was going to flip my net over the ridgeline so I could sit and relax and because of the termination location I had to go to great lengths to get the net off my face.

I guess its just one of those necessary subtleties that have to be overcome. Similar to another member I tied up a little bag to hold the bug net down and it makes it a little better, but, it's not perfect.

All the best.

Gil
    Just Hanging Out !

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly / Hamarak
    Insulation
    HG/WM
    Suspension
    Cinch/Dutch
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SemperFiGuy View Post
    Novasquid,

I have the same problem. Was out in the woods last night and was going to flip my net over the ridgeline so I could sit and relax and because of the termination location I had to go to great lengths to get the net off my face.

I guess its just one of those necessary subtleties that have to be overcome. Similar to another member I tied up a little bag to hold the bug net down and it makes it a little better, but, it's not perfect.

All the best.

Gil

Just spent two nights in my XLC and I unzip it to the foot end, roll back and tie the bug netting and sit down and relax with it all behind me (recliner style). I'm not sure how others are doing this so it is causing them problems.

I did it the same as in Shug's video.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12