Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Thanks for the info Burg...I appreciate it. I'm not one for tight things around my neck while sleeping so I wanted to be sure I was doing it correctly.

From that pic it looks like you have a killer setup...very nice gear choices!

I can see how a UQP would come in handy. I just pulled the trigger on a 2QZQ breathable Argon one in Woodland. I have some Dutch stuff in that fabric/color and it matches up very nicely. Wanted to get the breathable fabric to avoid condensation issues and I figure as long as the UQ is covered it will have an extra layer of protection just in case.

Not sure which UQP you got but the one I just ordered was $42. Thanks again for the info!
    “I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” – Winston Churchill

Hammock
    WB XLC 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Inc10°/Bur10°
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SundaySauce View Post
    Thanks for the info Burg...I appreciate it. I'm not one for tight things around my neck while sleeping so I wanted to be sure I was doing it correctly.

From that pic it looks like you have a killer setup...very nice gear choices!

I can see how a UQP would come in handy. I just pulled the trigger on a 2QZQ breathable Argon one in Woodland. I have some Dutch stuff in that fabric/color and it matches up very nicely. Wanted to get the breathable fabric to avoid condensation issues and I figure as long as the UQ is covered it will have an extra layer of protection just in case.

Not sure which UQP you got but the one I just ordered was $42. Thanks again for the info!
    Smart choice. That is the EXACT one I ordered. I think the breathable (while not water PROOF) will be plenty of protection. The UQP has a DWR finish just like your UQ. Double DWR = bomber.

Still waiting on it but I am sure it will be worth it.
    “The word hammockable (Meaning: two trees that are the perfect distance apart between which a hammock can be hung) is not in the dictionary, but it should be.”

Hammock
    BIAS WW Dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    UGO 40* Zepplin
    Suspension
    Cinch bugs/straps
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SundaySauce View Post
    My 10* Burrow came yesterday and the quality it top-notch just like the Incubator. I laid it out on my bed and jump inside of it and I can feel the heat radiating from this thing. I know it's going to be toasty warm during my camping trips.

So glad I decided to get the set and now be done with it. I have an upcoming trip soon and I cannot wait to use it!

I know you guys know the answer to this and its probably obvious but I have a newbie question. I'm assuming the cinched top and the snap (pic 3) are meant to tighten up the neck area to keep in the warmth. But do I actually strap and snap the corners around my neck and then cinch?

Below are a few pics for those who are interested.

Attachment 106557

Attachment 106556

Attachment 106555
    I agree with the other poster....I didn't use the snap for a while and then tried it one night when it was really cold. Makes all the difference in the world, and helps keep your shoulders covered as you move around. It's there for a good reason!
    Hiking & Hanging is therapy, and much cheaper than medication in the long run. Carry on.

Proud Member of the "Corps of Insanity" Hiking Group, 2000-2015. Semper Gumby!

Hammock
    Blackbird XLC
    Tarp
    Mamajamba
    Insulation
    LLG Habanero UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I bought a breathable Argon 90 UQP from 2QZQ in coyote brown, got it a few weeks ago and I've used it a few times.... Great quality and super easy to attach! Had all kinds of condensation inside my hammock the other night (tried out the "winter cover" for the first time) but my UQ and UQP stayed nice and dry.
    Another bonus... I've had problems with cold feet in the past in temps below about 50* and the only change I made the other evening was the UQP, which is full length (my UQ is 3/4 length), and my feet were nice and warm and it was only 21* out.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123