Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow

Ummmmm that escalated quickly.....

Totally new to hammock camping. My hammock is still waiting to be built from DH so my next major purchase was going to be my first-ever quilt. I didn't want to mess around when it came to staying warm so I after reading all the great things about HG quilts, I placed an order for a Incubator 20 +2 built to 10* specs. I knew that UQ protection was critical to staying warm, and that I could use my sleeping bag for the time being to get me bye until I decided to get a top quilt since the sticker shock was still fresh on my mind

Well I received my Incubator on Friday, and even though I don't know jack about these things, I can tell quality when I see it. This thing just oozes quality. Stitching and construction are immaculate and after seeing the thing loft up after 10 min or so, I knew then and there I should have just bit the bullet and got the TQ at the same time.

Well, today is Tuesday and what do you know.....I now have a Burrow 20+2 built to 10* specs ordered! My wallet may be comatose, but you cannot put a price on being able to be out in the woods every month of the year in NJ while being warm.

So within 2.5 weeks I went from having no quilts to having an Incubator in my house and a Burrow on the way. Special thanks to Harry from HG for patiently answering all my annoying newbie questions. Here are a few pics of the Incubator just laying on the bed and one of the pillow I had to order as well once I saw it. I'll post more when I get the Burrow.

IMG_3439.jpg

IMG_3440.jpg

IMG_3441.jpg

I'm sure I'll hit up the community for advice once I get my hammock and try to actually hang the UQ suspension from it. I want to make sure I am doing it right, and from what I've read there is a bit of a learning curve with the new suspension system.
    “I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” – Winston Churchill

Hammock
    Bonefire Whisper
    Tarp
    HG DCF Hex
    Insulation
    Sheltowee JRB SS
    Suspension
    Bonefire
    Great choices. You've avoided a bunch of the learning curve already. Don't worry about the UQ suspension. HG stuff nearly hangs itself!

Welcome to the forums!
    Signature suspended

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    You seem to have so much money you don't know what to do with the rest of it...can you adopt me?

Hammock
    DIY End Channel
    Tarp
    DIY Winter tarp
    Insulation
    UGQ and HG
    Suspension
    Kevlar, amsteel.
    Images
    Do you have a tarp? Just call and tell them to add a winter palace while they're at it
    Some serious spends considering you don't have a hammock yet. Wise purchases though. Way to jump in head first.

Hammock
    TLD/Hammeck Breezy
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    HG/WL/pad
    Suspension
    webbing /CB
    Great choices & love the camo! You won't be disappointed with HG stuff. Once your DH arrives & you pick out a tarp you'll be set with top notch gear. What model & color DH are you getting? I'm guessing a muted or camo fabric? You'll be invisible in the woods
    "We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love.... and then we return home."
    Australian Aboriginal Proverb

Hammock
    DH Dangerbird
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Incubator/Burrow
    Rolloff - Thanks for the welcome! I guess reading all the info on the suspension is making me visualize it being harder than what it really is. Hope to get it locked in so I can enjoy the warmth on my upcoming April trip.

mrh_on - As long as I can claim you as a dependent and you can cook...sure why not?

craige - I have a WB Superfly which I set up all my lines and connectivity options last week. Great tarp and I highly recommend it.

cataraftgir - I went with the Dangerbird with some custom options that brought it in-line with the Thunderbird. I liked the idea of having the overcover & bugnet with me at all times. I went with the HyperD woodland keeping with my stealthy theme. Ordered it at the end of February, and according the the schedule, it should start being built next week...can't wait!
    “I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form.” – Winston Churchill

Hammock
    WBBB XLC DL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    0 Incubator/Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopie
    Great choices! Looks like you're going to be set up a great year of hanging once everything has arrived. Love the camo choices too..I wish it wasn't so much extra for the camo on everything or I'd have gotten more of it. I had to settle on the camo straps from Dutch...I'll probably walk into them 20 times (jk)

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I can feel your pain on the wallet. I went from no hammock at all to a full setup in about an hour. The fiancee wasn't too pleased, especially when she was informed the "you're sleeping on the couch" threat would no longer work. Like you I ended up with one of my quilts before anything else showed up. My Burrow has been hanging in my basement for about a week now being lonely. Luckily my RR shows up tomorrow with the rest of my gear.

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    hahah sleep on the couch - HAHAH nope.......... just make sure you keep your keys to get back in for breakfast.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    WB Lynx/HG Burrow
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooTa View Post
    hahah sleep on the couch - HAHAH nope.......... just make sure you keep your keys to get back in for breakfast.
    Honestly worst comes to worst, the squirells in my back yard are brave enough to come within arms reach.... squirell gravy anyone?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast