Looking for a new hammock

So heres my stats. Im a big guy 6'4" and I'm looking for new hammock. I've been in an ENO and am told that someone my hight would be happier in a longer bed. What should I get?

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Cloudburst
    Insulation
    Lynx and Burrow
    Suspension
    Strap and Buckle
    well I'm 6'4 and around 250ish pounds... I LOVE bridge hammocks. The WBRR is a fantastic hammock, and I highly recommend you check them out. If you're anything like me, you probably had issues with calf ridge on most gathered end hammocks due to your height and weight.
    The camper formerly known as HikingDad...

Hammock
    11ft WBBB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    kaq top n bottom
    Suspension
    web n buckles
    I 2nd the longer hammock. 11 foot . I noticed a difference going from 9.5 to 11....

But for reference I am now looking at bridges. I'd like to tryone first before I increase my pack weight

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, Hennessy
    Tarp
    WB SuperFly
    Insulation
    KAQ UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Im 6'4 and started in an ENO dbl and could not get into a comfortable position. I opted for an 11' with an added footbox and that made a huge difference and now sleep like a baby. I tried many different brands to see which one fit me the best. Best of luck in your search!

Hammock
    ENO Doublenest, HH explorer deluxe
    Tarp
    HH Hex Fly
    Insulation
    Sleeping bag
    Suspension
    Dutchware
    I'm 6'4" 260. I like my ENO dbl for the casual hang or afternoon nap. It stays in my truck. So far I'm feeling pretty comfortable in my new HH ED zip. Haven't spent a lot of time in yet though. A few naps, and a few over nighters in it so far.

Hammock
    SuperiorGear or Dutch netless
    Tarp
    custom pentagon
    Insulation
    down hammock or UQ
    Suspension
    Dutch Mantis
    Images
    One of the Dutchware hammocks in 11'. Its a simple hammock like the ENO, so its a relatively inexpensive way to see if 11' is indeed better.
    "I wonder if anyone else has an ear so tuned and sharpened as I have, to detect the music, not of the spheres, but of earth, subtleties of major and minor chord that the wind strikes upon the tree branches. Have you ever heard the earth breathe... ?"
    - Kate Chopin

Hammock
    Diy
    I've experimented with some DIY's at 11'6" that seem to work good. I'm 6'4" as well and have really broad shoulders so I've tried to go as wide as possible.

Not to go off topic but since all you guys are my same size let me know what backpacks you can get to fit long torsos. In need like a 24" it seems like everything ends at 22"

• + New Posts