Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
I have found that I can restore a very good cutting edge with only 4 to 6 swipes with the extra fine DMT diamond hone on that flat inside surface. I never hone just the edge. Maybe, I've been gradually ruining our scissors every time I sharpen them??
correct... although if you haven't noticed any problems by now you probably haven't done too much damage. Scissors work because each blade has a knife edge that move past each other. Two knives working on the same line equals a cut. If you mess with the inside edge you can make it so those knives do not meet properly and snugly. This is particularly true if some butcher decides to treat them like a knife blade and taper on both sides. Now.. since you have a good pair of trade shears they are probably screwed together rather than riveted so you are able to adjust the tension on the blades. Knowing you from the forums _you_ would do that even without thinking about it. You'd just do it. But in the future... it would be best to leave the inside alone. Scissors are an art to sharpen.