DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles

UGQ Tarp suggestions for WBRR

I have a new WBRR coming my way next week. I've got a Mamajamba currently, but am thinking about picking up another tarp later this spring/summer. Any suggestions as to which UGQ tarps may fit over my WBRR?

Hammock
    Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I would expect a 12ft WinterDream (especially with pole mods) would make an excellent tarp for your WBRR. If i was going to do it, I would get the end pole mods, really open up the interior of the tarp quite a bit.
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Hammock
    10' Dutch Argon1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Golite20/Phoenix20
    Suspension
    WS,Dutch,Litesmith
    I'd give them a call. If you are looking for one with doors a custom winter dream should work. It might need a longer ridgeline and the panel pullouts placed for the spreader bars.

Hammock
    Big Man Bridge by V_Allen
    Tarp
    DIY by Boston
    Insulation
    UGQ Zeppelin
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by humer91 View Post
    I would expect a 12ft WinterDream (especially with pole mods) would make an excellent tarp for your WBRR. If i was going to do it, I would get the end pole mods, really open up the interior of the tarp quite a bit.
    Second that

Hammock
    10' Dutch Argon1.6
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Golite20/Phoenix20
    Suspension
    WS,Dutch,Litesmith
    That 3 for a winter dream. I also believe Mule got custom 13' winter tarp from Wilderness Logics for his bridge.

Hammock
    WBBB SL 1.7
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    WB 0° Wooki +3oz
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Since UGQ does so much custom work, why not ask them if they would make you a 11'x10' rectangular tarp? I have the WB Cloudburst, which is basically the Mamajamba designed for the Ridgerunner, without the cat cuts (at least that's what it looks like to me). Plus the tie-outs are spaced to fit the RR spreader bars.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    UGQ Ambush/Flight
    Suspension
    Webbing
    I have a Superfly and for coverage it works great...except for the closing of the doors. They don't close all the way because of the suspension triangles. I just received my new 13' Old Man Winter with outside pole mod and it appears to be the ticket. I haven't hung it yet as I'm working out the details of the tie outs.

Skip

Hammock
    DIY / Half-wit / WBRR
    Tarp
    UGQ WD
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by hutzelbein View Post
    Since UGQ does so much custom work, why not ask them if they would make you a 11'x10' rectangular tarp? I have the WB Cloudburst, which is basically the Mamajamba designed for the Ridgerunner, without the cat cuts (at least that's what it looks like to me). Plus the tie-outs are spaced to fit the RR spreader bars.
    I originally thought about the Cloudburst, since I have the door kit for my Mamajamba, but I wasn't sure I'd actually be able to close off the ends with the WBRR being so long. It sounds like I may have to price out a custom 12'-13' Winter Dream with pole mods.

Hammock
    DH RoamingGnome
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    ALL HG Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    My wife sleeps in a RR and I just picked up the 12' winter dream with end pole modes. Its awesome and works great with the RR. I got a little wider fabric but the entire tarp ran me just north of $300. But I got an a wider fabric and added the p ullouts. Those totaled an extra $40 and im kicking myself for getting the pullouts since ill never use them with the pole mod. UGQ even recommend to me to leave the pullouts off. I posted a couple pictures in my thread "finally came" under the weather protection subforum. UGQ is also awesome to work with. I must have sent them 30 emails before pulling the trigger and they got back to me usually within a couple hours or so of every email. It is by far the best tarp own.

Hammock
    diy, wb xlc
    Tarp
    waterproof
    Insulation
    warm
    Suspension
    nacrawhoopie
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyoc20 View Post
    My wife sleeps in a RR and I just picked up the 12' winter dream with end pole modes. Its awesome and works great with the RR. I got a little wider fabric but the entire tarp ran me just north of $300. But I got an a wider fabric and added the p ullouts. Those totaled an extra $40 and im kicking myself for getting the pullouts since ill never use them with the pole mod. UGQ even recommend to me to leave the pullouts off. I posted a couple pictures in my thread "finally came" under the weather protection subforum. UGQ is also awesome to work with. I must have sent them 30 emails before pulling the trigger and they got back to me usually within a couple hours or so of every email. It is by far the best tarp own.
    Nice to hear.. they'll be making one for my wife as well, center pole 11' hanger w/ doors to replace the camo Superfly she despises so much. I bet the double pole mod makes that thing look like a wagon top, been considering one for winter & car camping.
    It is a very alert, active sheep, with a stylish, lively carriage.

Flickr
    YouTube
    I use a Juki & Pfaffs w/ assorted attachments, and have serviced lots of vintage machines. Any questions?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast