Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Videos from Finland

I very rarely advertise myself or my activities, but here comes the exception. I will share a link of my recent endeavour down below. Now you people would get to freely comment, like, critique, subscribe, bash or even share it forward. I’m currently testing the waters, if there would be an audience or a demand for my kind of videos. I've so far got a good amount of constructive feedback for my first try. English subtitles are available by the way!

I’m fully aware to be a bit weird in front of the camera. I imagine those rough edges getting polished with experience.

My thanks for any input!

http://www.youtube.com/c/jariperho/videos

Nice job for your first vids. I liked the way you switched back and forth with your language and used subtitles. The woods were beautiful and loved the birds(I believe they were chickadees? All in all, really good. Thank you for sharing.

Hammock
    Clark DLX, ENO SN, BIAS WWM
    Tarp
    OxPalace,Big Squid
    Insulation
    Oxgear, KAQ, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies/Dutchware
    Images
    Enjoyed both of your trip reports Was neat to see the same area in different seasons. Kind of creepy exploring the abandoned tent at night. Congrats on the UQ, it makes the nights so much better. Really liked the moon shots in the first video. Always great to see folks reports from around the world.
    Everyone ought to believe in something....I believe I'll go set up the hammock!

Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Nice job for your first vids. I liked the way you switched back and forth with your language and used subtitles. The woods were beautiful and loved the birds(I believe they were chickadees? All in all, really good. Thank you for sharing.
    Thanks for the compliment! I haven't yet decided, if I should just stick to speaking Finnish or English. I know a lot of people might dislike reading subtitles, but there isn't too much Finnish language content out there either. It's much easier to talk in my own native language, but timing and translating all of the subtitles takes a lot of time and effort too...

Quote Originally Posted by 2ply View Post
    Enjoyed both of your trip reports Was neat to see the same area in different seasons. Kind of creepy exploring the abandoned tent at night. Congrats on the UQ, it makes the nights so much better. Really liked the moon shots in the first video. Always great to see folks reports from around the world.
    I'm hoping to see many more creepy things out there when hiking and filming! Makes for a more interesting video. Yeah, the underquilt sure was a step in the right direction after the few nights on the pad. Thanks for the comments! I'll definitely try to make more videos and gradually develop my own filming style further.

Oak Ridge & Linville Gorge, North Carolina
    Hammock
    HHE, 2QZQ Mod4, Jerry 5 DIY
    Tarp
    HG Cuben/SFly Camo
    Insulation
    HammockGear Prod.
    Suspension
    Use them all!
    Images
    Well thank you for sharing that ... looking forward to more of your adventures.

WARNING: Will discuss Rhurbarb Strawberry Pie and Livermush at random.

"A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." ... B.Franklin

Home of the Gorge Rats: Linville Gorge
    My Videos YouTube Channel
    Photo collections Flickr Photostream

Gorge Rat Productions On FaceBook

Hammock
    Woodsman X
    Tarp
    Hennessy Hex
    Insulation
    HG phoenix 20 deg
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    really enjoyed your videos - the editing was pretty good - enjoyed the musical parts and very much enjoyed hearing you talk in your native tongue with the subtitles. subscribed for future videos.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 dbl & XLC
    Tarp
    Big MJ & Superfly
    Insulation
    Yeti & 2 Wookies
    Suspension
    Stock straps
    Images
    I enjoyed watching your videos. Thank you for posting them.

Thank you Hawk-eye, ShooTa and Tumbleweed! I really appreciate the feedback and will definitely strive to create more videos.

Hammock
    DIY standard gathered end (DL 1.1)
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9
    Insulation
    Nada ... yet
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Jari,

Thanks for sharing your trip and posting your video. It seems as if everyone has their own style; Maztrain, Shug, TallPaul, SilvrSurfr, Bruciehi5, and MedicineMan just to name a few from this sight (I know that I have left off a dozen+ more, no offense guys). I liked what you did and will watch whatever you post next.

STinGa
    Sarcasm is a dying art.

Eagle Scout September '85 Troop 339 Smyrna, TN

Hammock
    Chameleon
    Tarp
    Minifly/Pappy Plce
    Insulation
    Down/Apex
    Suspension
    Straps
    Images
    Thanks for bringing us along. I loved the sound of the wind in the trees, a little different from the sound of the North Carolina pines.

Very enjoyable. I don't think you are strange on camera at all!

Looking forward to the next chapter

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast