Hammock
    JRB BMBH
    Tarp
    JRB 11x10 Cat Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB UQ of season
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RonW View Post
    Hi there: I just returned from a kayak trip to the Saranac Lakes in the Adirondacks. Last year, I used my Clark N/A and Hennessey with a variety of sleeping pads, emergency blankets, and other garbage. All of these left me cold and wet. I wised up and bought a Jacks R Better NEST under quilt that I use with both my Clark and Hennessey. We had temps into the low 30's on a few clear nights last week, and boy the Nest was terrific. Warm and dry everywhere. I use a top quilt only, and dressed for sleep in sweatpants and sweatshirt. If I had dressed up more, I'm sure I could have been comfy in sub freezing temps. The underquilt comes up along the sides of the hammock, and really encapsulates you, so I had no cold areas whatsoever from head to tow. Best of all, this underquilt packs down to nothing. Once set up and adjusted, IU leave it on the hammock, and roll it all up, and stuff the works into a COMPRESSION DRYBAG. I hope this saves you some cold nights. The quilt is a fair amount of mugambo, but man, it was worth every penny. I froze my *** off last year in low 50's with the other "methods." Forget the Hennessey "supershelter.' What a pain in the backside that thing is... and bulky. The underquilt is THE way to go. Hope this helps. RON
    Ron,

Welcome to the land of warm and dry... ... Glad that the Nest worked well for you.

pan
    Ounces to Grams.

www.jacksrbetter.com ... Largest supplier of camping quilts and under quilts...Home of the Original Nest Under Quilt, and Bear Mountain Bridge Hammock. 800 595 0413

Hammock
    Clark NA
    Tarp
    Speer Winter Tarp
    Insulation
    JRB quilt
    Suspension
    rings & straps
    spent 2 nights this past weekend in my clark with a 15*f Big Agnes bag and a blue wally world ccf pad wearing a tshirt and pj bottoms and it def. got down into the low 40's and I awoke both night quite warm and comfy. I think the a little more coverage near the shoulders might have been nice but I didn't experience any cold spots at all.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12