Dream Hammock
    Tarp
    UGQ
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by Armor Like Fire View Post
    Paul and Missy own both dream hammock as well as UGQ right? I have had some recent things worked on ontoy dream hammock shipped it to them they fixed it and even sent it back with some new woopie slings! (Mine were old and fraying haven't had the extra $ to replace them yet) if both of these company's are ran buy the same people then I have no doubt that my tarp will be fixed up!
    Randy and Deanna (The Smurfs) own DreamHammock, Paul and Missy own UGQ. Paul is the crazy one who drove through a winter storm from Michigan to Texas for our fall hang....on a motorcycle...that is dedication!
    List of Splicing Guides
    Come to the Dark Side...We have cookies.

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    Quote Originally Posted by humer91 View Post
    Randy and Deanna (The Smurfs) own DreamHammock, Paul and Missy own UGQ. Paul is the crazy one who drove through a winter storm from Michigan to Texas for our fall hang....on a motorcycle...that is dedication!
    Okay so that would explain the different web sites, so are they working together though since like UGQ makes things to work for the dream hammock and whatnot?
    I still haven't been to any hammock forum hangs I should start adltending they seem fun
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    dream hammock roaming gnome
    Tarp
    UGQ winter dream
    Insulation
    feathered friends
    Suspension
    Woopie slings
    They got back with slme said they didn't really feel the need t9 fix it because that's just normal from what they exsperence 0_0
    Paragon Fury

Check out my youtube channel if you're interested in gear reviews and other outdor videos! https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCKkuUy60Y07yuljZNsivIbA

Hammock
    WBBB XLC/R.R 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    WB Superfly UGQ WD
    Insulation
    HG/LocoL/AHE/UGQ
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Images
    Hmmm. Bare minimum I think I would slather those areas heavy with seem sealer. Those gaps would concern me as well.
    Hanging in the woods, paddlin and catching trout- My kind of living...

Hammock
    DREAM HAMMOCK
    Tarp
    UGQ H11/12 WD11
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies w/ ET's
    Images
    Here is our exact email in reference to this subject, upon looking at the OP picture the tarp does appear to be under high tension.

Hi XXXX,

First we certainly appreciate your concern with the stitch elongation and do not want to minimize the issue. We have used this detail for the past three years with absolutely no reported tarp failures. The stitch elongation is a normal result of the stress introduced by the pull out during normal operation of the tarp. These stitches only function is to hold the reinforcement fabric in place. The reinforcement panels only job is to prevent the guy out stitching from pulling through the nylon fabric. As a result of the forces being transferred from the guy out, to the reinforcement fabric, to the nylon tarp, the nylon tarp stretches just a bit under load resulting in these holding stitches "opening".

All of our personal tarps have seen this exact result, with some of the tarps seeing two years of heavy service with no failure. We'd be happy to send a pre paid label if you'd like to return the tarp for inspection.

We have recently changed our guy out detail but this was due to seeking lower entry weights and not as a result of any tarp failures or design flaws.

Also, there was not an older email attached for reference so we are replying to the information as we have it....

Paul & Missy
    phone: 517-610-0966
    web: www.undergroundquilts.com
    facebook: UGQ FaceBook

One point of correct would be the only time we have experienced this is with the tarps ratcheted down tight and we usually backed off the amount of tension at that point. The top stitching appears to be intact leading me to believe this is more a result of the tarp fabric being stretch tight applying stress in the the stitch work. Since the side stitching is the weakest link it is showing some elongation in the stitching. The fabric between the reinforcement and actual guy webbing is sandwiched pretty tight.

I have made the offer to send a PRE-PAID shipping label. In regards to a larger panel reinforcement the only purpose of the reinforcement panel is to prevent to actual stitching for the guy out webbing from ripping through the nylon under high loads. Adding a larger panel in our opinion would not eliminate this but just relocate it to a different location higher up on the tarp.

Offer still stands on sending a PRE-PAID label to return the tarp for inspection.
    Last edited by sr1355; 04-23-2015 at 11:28.
    Happy Hangin'

Paul - Master Fabric Welder @ UGQ

>>>VISIT UGQ OUTDOOR HERE<<<

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12