Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by robaperez View Post
    Thanks a lot for all the help!
    You're welcome. One other thing, just looking at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kg1LiwPy-8Q I would say Dutch is putting about 300% stretch into the shockcord. I dont know how much stretch you've been putting into yours, but if it's less than Dutch is using, your tarp probably will be under-tensioned and sloppy.

Quote Originally Posted by gbolt View Post
    Since he got his help and I hopefully won't hijack the thread, which is better - Tarpworms or Fleas on a Collar? Especially if you replace the shock cord on the Tarpworms as he is being told and as I though would happen if using a CF Tarp.
    I dont have any tarpworms, but they look way teeny-weeny-fiddly things to me. I do have fleaz and they are awesome (how many places in the world is that sentence not weird? ).

I really, really like them. I bought them without collars and spliced them onto lash-it. Cant recommend them highly enough, they are ridiculously easy to use and not in the least fiddly. But as I said, I've not tried the tarpworms. I think there is a couple of dollars difference in price per item, but the difference in weight is only a fraction of a gram. I dont see the benefit of them really.
    Last edited by Martyn; 04-20-2015 at 17:06.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    I just had that problem here, today, where I'm house/cat sitting. Just cuz I'm static at a magnificent home for ten days doesn't mean I can't still be hanging! So... Very exposed and windswept hilltop location, but, all was still, when I set up on Saturday morning. Today, at the crack of black, the Devil's own wind came to stay the morning. I was hung up (uncharacteristically) under my Hennessy poly hex. Full-length & nothin' but, bungee on all 4corners. Massive travel, inwards AND outwards. Remedied it by doubling the stretch on all 4bungees, and hooking them to their corners. Had to pull my stakes in, just a little, but I was able to return to my hammock feeling a job well done.

Hammock
    Bridgeskin
    Tarp
    DIY Blackcat
    Insulation
    DIY Quilts
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    You should pull the worms until the shock cord is about maxed out. Now as your tarp stretches there will be a little more give but it seems like you are pulling them tight enough to begin with.
    Peace Dutch
    GA>ME 2003

www.MakeYourGear.com
    http://dutchwaregear.com[/URL]
    Visit Dutchwaregear on facebook (and like it)
    Check us out on Twitter @dutchwaregear

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/doors
    Insulation
    JRB TQ/UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Cuben fiber doesn't stretch so there's no need for tensioners. I'll just leave that right there. 😊

Hammock
    WBBB 1.1 DL
    Tarp
    HG CF 11ft Palace
    Insulation
    Yeti3,HG20º,UGQ50º
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Thanks g2Outdoors...confirms what I thought.

Martyn? I spliced my Stingerz to the Ridgline and plan on splicing the guy lines to the Y-Stakes. However, love the look of the tape around your splicing. What is it? Black Electrical or something else - almost looks like tubing, for a super clean look?

Quote Originally Posted by gbolt View Post
    Thanks g2Outdoors...confirms what I thought.

Martyn? I spliced my Stingerz to the Ridgline and plan on splicing the guy lines to the Y-Stakes. However, love the look of the tape around your splicing. What is it? Black Electrical or something else - almost looks like tubing, for a super clean look?
    It's heat shrink tube. You have to be careful with it because dyneema hates heat and starts to take damage at about 220 °F, but boiling water will do it if you're nervous about taking a naked flame too close to your lash-it. It does make for a neat job and it a nice alternative to a lock stitch on those small continuous loops. Takes a bit of forward planning though, because you have to make sure the tube is on the line before you start the splice.

It stiffens the line which makes handling the tiny hardware a bit easier, it locks the bury in place and it has a sort of rubber texture, which again makes handling the small stuff a bit easier. It's largely cosmetic really, but I do like it and will continue to use it.

I'm using 2 different diameters of tube...

One for single line, the other for double line. The tubing shrinks by about 50% when heated. You just cut the length you need, thread it onto the line, do your splice, slide the tube over the splice then heat it up, either with a cigarette lighter flame, a hair dryer, or hot water.
    Last edited by Martyn; 04-21-2015 at 08:21.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12