This is my take on Opie's Soft Shackle Prusik. I actually saw this the first time on Dutch's Continuous Ridgeline, but original credit goes to Opie I think.
My take on the Soft Shackle Prusik, the main difference is the stopper knot. I decided to use the Lanyard Knot/Diamond Knot and bury the end.
Directions for Loop End:
- Measure out 20" of Zing-It or Lash-It
- Mark 1.5", 3.25", and 4.5" from one end with a sharpie - this will be your loop end
(note: if your adjustable eye is a little too small move your 4.5" hole away from the short end by 1/16" inch, if it's too big move it 1/16" closer to the short end)
- Thread your loop tool through at the 3.25" mark and pull the short end through. I like to use a paperclip to keep the line from pulling through while I'm putting it together.
2015-04-27 13.46.57.jpg 2015-04-27 13.47.35.jpg
- On the long end thread your loop tool through at the 4.5" mark and pull the short end through until the 1.5" mark is through the line
(note: this is the opposite of the picture, I messed up this one)
2015-04-27 13.48.38.jpg 2015-04-27 13.49.07.jpg
- Thread your loop tool though the 1.5" mark and pull the long end through and pull tight
(note: same as above)
2015-04-27 13.50.42.jpg 2015-04-27 13.51.01.jpg
- Taper the short end by removing two strands on opposite sides at about 0.5" from the end
2015-04-27 13.52.00.jpg 2015-04-27 13.52.38.jpg
- Bury the short end into the long end
2015-04-27 13.53.47.jpg 2015-04-27 13.55.07.jpg 2015-04-27 13.55.41.jpg
- That completes the loop end