WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings

Will I be comfortable in a Clark??????

Guys, I need some advice......................I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the new NX 270 (really clever design!) So, I am 6'4", 235 lbs with broad shoulders. Am I going to be comfortable? (I believe the nx270 has the same bed as the nx-250) I've been using a bridge hammock (which is pretty cool, ) but wanted to branch out a bit and try something else. I have tried other diy versions of gathered end hammocks, but is a clark different? (do you have the same issues with calf pain and knee extension other gathered end hammocks do?) I've never even seen a clark in person, but the design is very interesting-------------but I dont want to spend lots of money on a hammock that doesnt fit me! Thanks for the advice!!!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Hammock
    DreamHammock Darien
    Tarp
    UGQ Hanger 12
    Insulation
    UGQ TQ, HG UQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Hook
    Images
    I would check out any local hangs. I know Clark isn't as popular as Warbonnet for example, but there always seems to be at least one Clark in every sizable hang I've gone to. I know the big Florida Hang has 10 or 11 Clarks in attendance, and we're trying to get the Clark people to attend the Sixth Annual Florida Hang to show off their latest designs. But that's not until January, and I assume you would like to try them out sooner. I would keep an eye on the Southeast Gathering subforum for local hangs and ask if anyone will be bringing their Clark.

Hammock
    Clark NX250
    Tarp
    Clark XL/Hennessy
    Suspension
    Cinch Buckle
    Images
    I'm 6'1" and 200lb and have an NX250. No issues with calf or knee pain when hung correctly.... Definitely has a sweet spot, but when you get it right it's awesome.

Only thing to change is those horrible rope suspension things.. Went to cinch buckle and strap... So much better!

Lay is slightly diagonal and extremely comfortable.

Any specific questions pm me!

CJ

Hammock
    Clark Flex 180
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Exped Downmat 9
    Suspension
    Clark
    If you are worried about knee extension issues, look at Clare's Flex 180. It is gathered at the head end but not gathered at the wide foot end. You get a really flat diagonal lie that allows for full leg extension.
    Great for side sleepers. I find it much more comfortable than the NX-250 that I owned previously. The Flex has two ropes at the foot end that are designed to use separate trees, but there is a very simple
    work around that allows proper full width rigging using one tree at the foot end, a short section of rope with a rappel ring at the end along with an extra tent peg

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...519#post885519

Tony

Hammock
    Clark Flex 180
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Exped Downmat 9
    Suspension
    Clark
    I'm sorry. That should have been Clark's Flex 180, not Clare's.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner DL
    Tarp
    DD 3x3
    Insulation
    Klymit Pad/EE TQ
    Suspension
    web and buckles
    I think the NX-270 should fit you well. I am 6'4", 210#, and I was comfortable in my NX-250. No calf ridge or shoulder squeeze.
    "...With saddle and pack, by paddle and track, let's go to the land of beyond."

Hammock
    WL, WB, Clark stuff
    Images
    I just posted in another clark thread which you started and dropped in a pic...check it out.

Hammock
    WBRR
    Tarp
    diy sil argon camo
    Insulation
    lynx
    Suspension
    whoopie slings
    Thanks guys!!!!
    FYI: If you want to know what type a certain bear is, sneak up behind it and kick it. Then,
    run like crazy and climb up a tree. If the bear climbs the tree and eats you, it's a black
    bear. If the bear just pushes the tree over and eats you, it's a grizzly bear : )

Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me, either, just leave me alone.
    --unknown

Quote Originally Posted by pataneap View Post
    If you are worried about knee extension issues, look at Clare's Flex 180. It is gathered at the head end but not gathered at the wide foot end. You get a really flat diagonal lie that allows for full leg extension.
    Great for side sleepers. I find it much more comfortable than the NX-250 that I owned previously. The Flex has two ropes at the foot end that are designed to use separate trees, but there is a very simple
    work around that allows proper full width rigging using one tree at the foot end, a short section of rope with a rappel ring at the end along with an extra tent peg

https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...519#post885519

Tony
    hello, looking at the link, where do you get a proper spreader bar ?
    J.
    Clarke Vertex with Z liners, Hammeck Envy S with Incubator 20*
    Custom Dutch Hammock 12' x 6' Double Hyper D ! My current daily sleep system !
    Custom SLD Tree Runner Double Hexon 12' x 6' Loco Libre 20* set
    SLD Tree Runner 12'

Hammock
    Clark Flex 180
    Tarp
    Clark Vertex
    Insulation
    Exped Downmat 9
    Suspension
    Clark
    Time to Hang,
    If you want to use a spreader bar, try Jack's or Better.

Tony

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast