Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Missouri, or on my motorcycle, bicycle or in my kayak somewhere...
    Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Ware Curtis,

It sounds like the "hammock camping" section (other sections as well) of this Backpackoree could be full of useful information that could also be useful to refresh our memories here on HF... maybe you could give us a synopsis or "teacher's notes" version of the presentation given to the scouts. Or possibly have someone video the presentation and post it in YouTube... (I'm sure that many of the scouts would know how to get it up on YouTube)...

I would certainly like to view this information as a review of the important concepts and tips for hammock camping.
    KJ

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Actually, I'm still a registered Scouter with the Heart of America Council (Kansas City, MO) and I'm not too far from Joplin... If possible I would love to come down and observe/participate in the training sessions.

Would your Council/District be open to have an outside guest/observer?

I read your PDF file on the Backpackoree... Great stuff!!! I would love to come down and learn a few things.
    Last edited by Kankujoe; 09-27-2009 at 16:36.
    KJ

Hammock
    WBBB
    Tarp
    Custom OES
    Insulation
    DIM UQ NoSniv TQ
    Suspension
    JRB Triglide/strap
    Images
    HOW to get in a (side / top loading) hammock. I have forgotten this on noe occasion & had the friend nearly hit the ground by sitting too far back & nearly flipping out backwards. Thankfully I was able to grab him just before he put full weight on the bunched up hammock & I then taught him to sit in the middle.
    It's just something us "old timers" do witout thinking, but if teaching, , , ,
    When you have a backpack on, no matter where you are, you’re home.
    PAIN is INEVITABLE. MISERY is OPTIONAL.

Hammock
    PolyD
    Tarp
    OES MacCat ultra
    Insulation
    New River KAQ
    Suspension
    Speed Hooks
    Images

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kankujoe View Post
    Ware Curtis,

It sounds like the "hammock camping" section (other sections as well) of this Backpackoree could be full of useful information that could also be useful to refresh our memories here on HF... maybe you could give us a synopsis or "teacher's notes" version of the presentation given to the scouts. Or possibly have someone video the presentation and post it in YouTube... (I'm sure that many of the scouts would know how to get it up on YouTube)...

I would certainly like to view this information as a review of the important concepts and tips for hammock camping.
    I'm a scouter as well (Troop committee chairman Troop 49) I would like any info about your Backpack-o-ree(hammocking) So I can add it to our High Adventure program.
    Tortoise never for a moment stopped, but went on with a slow but steady pace straight to the end of the course.
    Translated by George Fyler Townsend. Aesop's Fables (p. 18). Amazon Digital Services, Inc..

Hammock
    DIY
    Tarp
    ZPack CF Tarp
    Suspension
    Whoopie, Dutch

Backpackoree Thanks

Greetings List,

Thanks again for the suggestions for our Hammock Class at the Backpackoree. We had 164 Youth and Adults attending a gorgeous weekend.

Special thanks to Kankujoe (on the list) who drove down from KC and spent the weekend. He set up his Clark Hammock for everyone to see.

I hope to have some pictures posted and syllabus ( I am not sure if they taped the class or not.) and will post link real soon.

Thanks Again

Curtis Ware

Hammock
    Clark NX-250
    Tarp
    Clark RX-250
    Insulation
    Clark Z-Liner
    Suspension
    Clark ropes/straps
    Quote Originally Posted by ware_curtis View Post
    Greetings List,

Thanks again for the suggestions for our Hammock Class at the Backpackoree. We had 164 Youth and Adults attending a gorgeous weekend.

Special thanks to Kankujoe (on the list) who drove down from KC and spent the weekend. He set up his Clark Hammock for everyone to see.

I hope to have some pictures posted and syllabus ( I am not sure if they taped the class or not.) and will post link real soon.

Thanks Again

Curtis Ware
    Curtis,

Thanks for the great weekend event and the great program that you & all of your leaders put on!!! I was amazed at how you got all the scouts to sit through multiple 60-90 minutes presentations. It takes a good presentation & good material to hold their attention that long and for multiple sessions. You & your co-leaders know your stuff & your passion for the info & outdoor activities was evident and made it an enjoyable learning experience.

There was lots & lots of good information presented, I'm sure I got as much or more out of it than the scouts did. I'm looking forward to reviewing the information and following all the leads that were presented.
    KJ

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12