Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tree Frog View Post
    I agree we need to keep the kids from the adults and vice versa! Too many adult jokes etc for my comfort with the kids.
    Mister Kid Unfriendly here. I don't think adult jokes are much of an issue until after 9 pm (when all kids should be in bed).

I don't see why you couldn't do Round Valley for the kids that weekend; grab a group site (site 003W is available and adjacent) just for the young 'uns. They can share group meals with the adults and then go off to their own PG-rated campfire with s'mores. Or you could just ban them outright from going over to the heathen adult site and have your own group meal. In the words of George C. Wallace, four-term Governor of Alabama: "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever!"

Round Valley would be a great adventure for kids: fishing, swimming, canoeing, hiking, etc. Lots of stuff to keep them occupied. While your emphasis may be "kid-friendly" and "hangers bringing kids only," this is gonna be an epic hang, and it meets all your criteria (except the Tipper Gore PG guarantee).
    Last edited by SilvrSurfr; 05-11-2015 at 23:39.
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    Warbonnet RR, Dream Hammock TB
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Good ole Dutch
    Im in both kids will love it... As long as the time we setup works.....

Hammock
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Good ole Dutch
    cxrj1fizomu7vw01w8su_400x400.jpeg

Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post
    Mister Kid Unfriendly here. I don't think adult jokes are much of an issue until after 9 pm (when all kids should be in bed).

I don't see why you couldn't do Round Valley for the kids that weekend; grab a group site (site 003W is available and adjacent) just for the young 'uns. They can share group meals with the adults and then go off to their own PG-rated campfire with s'mores. Or you could just ban them outright from going over to the heathen adult site and have your own group meal. In the words of George C. Wallace, four-term Governor of Alabama: "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever!"

Round Valley would be a great adventure for kids: fishing, swimming, canoeing, hiking, etc. Lots of stuff to keep them occupied. While your emphasis may be "kid-friendly" and "hangers bringing kids only," this is gonna be an epic hang, and it meets all your criteria (except the Tipper Gore PG guarantee).

Images
    we do Bass River with the grandkids every year. boating, fishing, hiking, pets and close to lake Oswego which is pet friendlier, boat and kid friendly.
    "Tenting is equivalent to a bum crawling into a cardboard box, hammocking is an art" KK

Hammock
    WBRR, DHTB
    Tarp
    WB Superfly, Mamba
    Insulation
    Down Quilts!
    Suspension
    Straps/buckles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SilvrSurfr View Post

I knew I could count on you for the humor in my quotes! And surely I wasn't talking about you specifically

I am not 100% against Round Valley with the kids, but I want to enjoy myself on an epic hang and just bring the kids to a car camping, day hiking adventure and not worry about a 9:00 curfew. My kid wont go to sleep that easily and I will miss out on the evening fun. Id rather focus on the kids at their own hang.
    NJ Hammock Club Facebook Page - Come join the party!

Hammock
    XLC, DIY, GT Dbl for day hiking
    Tarp
    WL OMW
    Insulation
    AHE KAQ JUQ, HG0B
    Suspension
    Web with Triangles
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aircoder View Post
    Now that right there is funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by kayak karl View Post
    we do Bass River with the grandkids every year. boating, fishing, hiking, pets and close to lake Oswego which is pet friendlier, boat and kid friendly.
    That's a great idea, I need to get down there and scout the sites. I remember you mentioned a couple sites in particular that were hammock friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tree Frog View Post
    I knew I could count on you for the humor in my quotes! And surely I wasn't talking about you specifically
    Hah, I AM. Last thing I need is for those little sponges to come home with a few new stories for mom. Taco night would never be the same.

I am not 100% against Round Valley with the kids, but I want to enjoy myself on an epic hang and just bring the kids to a car camping, day hiking adventure and not worry about a 9:00 curfew. My kid wont go to sleep that easily and I will miss out on the evening fun. Id rather focus on the kids at their own hang.
    Yeah, I might bring a couple 13 yr olds to RV but I'm gonna stick with a kid friendly car camping plan as well for the young ones.
    Have sherpas, will travel...
    Triangles, it's all about the triangles.
    H30º ™
    HTA

8.7167º

Hammock
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Good ole Dutch
    oh wait this one is even better.
    maxresdefault.jpg

Hammock
    Insulation
    Down
    Suspension
    Good ole Dutch
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
    Now that right there is funny stuff.

That's a great idea, I need to get down there and scout the sites. I remember you mentioned a couple sites in particular that were hammock friendly.

Hah, I AM. Last thing I need is for those little sponges to come home with a few new stories for mom. Taco night would never be the same.
    We should definitely do a Taco Tuesday hang in honor of surfer this summer.

Hammock
    Chameleon #8 '17
    Tarp
    Tarp got boo boo
    Insulation
    Down TQ and UQ
    Suspension
    Whoops-n-Biners
    My son and I can be onboard depending on chosen date.
    Sup?

Hammock
    Dutch Poly D
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    JRB GL4 HG 0* Burr
    Suspension
    Whoopie hook
    Quote Originally Posted by aircoder View Post
    oh wait this one is even better.
    maxresdefault.jpg