Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz

Questions About Molly Mac Pack Experiences

Hi everyone!

I am researching the MMP! I have already contacted MacEntyre and got the down low on all the questions I had for the vendor (Thank you!!!). Now I have questions for MMP users, and here they are:

1) On a long hike how comfortable would you say the MMP is? I'm a through hiker, and can hike up to 11 or 12 hours a day, so this is important, but then, having a hammock is causing me to sleep in more, so those hours seemed to have shrunk a little. Ha ha!

2) Do you feel like packing the MMP takes a lot longer than a regular backpack?

3) Have you had any trouble strapping on stuff sacs i.e. it would work better if the stuff sac was more full, you have to pack the stuff sacs a certain way for the straps to really hold on etc.?

4) For those of you who have the front panel, do you find the front panel is ever pressing on your chest? Have you ever thought it was too big? I'm a woman, so this is kind of important.

5) For women using the pack, have you had any issues with the straps pressing on your breasts? I know MacEntyre has made the straps smaller, but is there anything about the straps you would think would work better?

6) Is there anything you miss from having a regular backpack that you wish you could do with the MMP, but can't?

7) Do you use a pack cover for either rain or to keep the pack from snagging?

8) Have any of you stopped using yours in preference for another backpack? If so, why?

I think that's it! I would really appreciate anything you have to say. I'm sure it will help him make the pack that much better too!

I'm drooling over the idea of this pack and MacEntyre has been amazing so far, I'm just needing to understand what it is I'm getting myself into!

Hammock
    DIY
    Images
    Ask him about the Peregrine he made for Stormcrow's son. I always wanted to see how that one turned out. Mac can tailor the torso length to suit your preferences. The PALS system can use clips instead of straps, too. A lot of straps can make the pack resemble Hydra when you're first learning to assemble your load. I like the MMP concept. I modified it in ways that no one else will, so I won't describe them here. (I do that to everything.)

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    I'm always interested in modifications, but I'll leave that for another time.

Regarding the straps resembling Hydra, I like the colour differentiation that Rat did for his.

Thank you, I have asked him the question and await his reply.

Images
    I really like my MMP ( I have the old model), and find it very comfortable. Once you get the packing process sorted, its reasonably quick and easy. I team it up with a Packa and find this combination works really well for me.

I recently bought a Six Moon Designs Fusion 65 and used it on a multi day walk but wish I had stuck with the MMP. I will probably upgrade to the new model eventually.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMc View Post
    I really like my MMP ( I have the old model), and find it very comfortable. Once you get the packing process sorted, its reasonably quick and easy. I team it up with a Packa and find this combination works really well for me.

I recently bought a Six Moon Designs Fusion 65 and used it on a multi day walk but wish I had stuck with the MMP. I will probably upgrade to the new model eventually.
    Thanks for answering! What made you buy the Six Moon pack in the first place if the MMP is working for you? Gear addiction?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Singingcrowsings View Post
    Thanks for answering! What made you buy the Six Moon pack in the first place if the MMP is working for you? Gear addiction?
    Ha ha - yeah probably. The Fusion 65 was 50% off at the time, and I don't have a standard pack, so it was hard to pass up at the time, plus it will probably be a decent pack for my wife.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonMc View Post
    Ha ha - yeah probably. The Fusion 65 was 50% off at the time, and I don't have a standard pack, so it was hard to pass up at the time, plus it will probably be a decent pack for my wife.
    Ha ha! Well, I hope the pack works for her. If not, you can always sell it and buy her an MMP!
    Thanks again.

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Does anyone have the newer Osprey model? Everything I've read and watched is about the Peregrine model.

Images
    I assume you have seen this

Hammock
    Mayan / Freebird
    Tarp
    SLD Custom
    Insulation
    UGQ 30*F / 0*F
    Suspension
    Whoopie / fleaz
    Oh yes. I have scoured the internet for anything MMP, including other forums where you talked about buying it.

The video is helpful in knowing what the differences are, but it is a very different construction, so I'm looking for experiential information now, and everything I read and watch, other than that one video is on the previous model.

I'm pretty much sold on the the concept at this point. How can I not be really?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast