HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies

fisrt hang in a HH

hey all ..i had ordered a HH eped .it arived yesterday and i promptly set it up ,in the backyard . i am happy how easy it was to hang .BUT one of the straps wasnt long enough to go around one of the trees. so i just used 2 tie-downs/rachet straps . i slept on a therma rest /ridge rest (i think thats the name) and my 10 deg mummy bag.. was snug as a bug .and when i woke it was 10am (i did sleep very well) . I hung the tarp steep as the wind was strong, and the temp was soposed to get down to high 30's .when i got up i noticed that the tarp had became slack on one side. My slip knot i used had not held properly Iis there another way to tie the tarp? but all and all i was very comfortable and warm to high 30's with just a bag and pad .i def would like to get the ss for this hammock .am very pleased with the quality ,expt one thing the tarp lines seem kinda cheap and would like to change those to a more quality cordage.. i had been useing a grand trunk ul .. this is a huge upgrade.so i wanted to express my happiness..
    thanks all

Images
    Glad it worked good, Jonesy! I use taught line hitches, or sometimes a slippery trucker's hitch, and they always seem to hold. Though the sil-nylon tarp will usually loosen up with dampness or maybe even temp changes. Some folks use shock cord self tensioning lines.

If you are using the HH tarp NOT tied to the trees but hooked on the hammock suspension, you will probably have a loose tarp every time you get in. Do a search here and you will find a lot of tips on how to reduce that effect. Or, just tie to the trees, but IMO you will need a larger tarp that way. Which has other advantages anyway, though weight is not one of them.
    Last edited by BillyBob58; 09-29-2009 at 16:07.

Hammock
    HH , WBBB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    the edge
    Insulation
    HG 40/0 phoenix
    Suspension
    whoopies
    thanks billybob58 for the comments and the advice ,any advice i greatly appreciate cause i sure am in love with hammocks and am very happy with this site and everyones willingness to give advice.. but i also do see a wbbb in my future .

• + New Posts