DD Top Quilt Review

Hello all,

I recived my DD Hammock Top Quilt Yesterday and thought I would share the unboxing and 1st nights sleep review.

The top quilt got to me in 12 working day , DD states 10 for my location in southen Spain so once again great service. Like my DD hammock and Underblacket DD ships in a tough plasic shiping bag, which did its job just fine.

IMG_20150522_145501.jpg

I am 6 feet tall and 200 pounds ish and it fis me with room to spare. DD state it will fit a person up to 6 ´5 ¨ I belive them.

Here is the packed quilt next to a standard 33cl Can (very cheap Spainish beer in this case but the same size as a standard Coke can). The compertion sack is not tight so it could be smaller

IMG_20150522_145518.jpg

Weight is 875g which is spot on what DD states on they site.

Quility.
    I went over ever seam and I could not find any bad stitching or loose threads, all the press studs have been install corectly and the draw stings are perfect, top job.

IMG_20150522_151634.jpg

foot box
    the foot box consists of eight press studs and a drawstring at the bottom. I did them up, got in the quilt and had a good wiggle and kick about , nother poped open or ripped.

IMG_20150522_200322.jpg

The top has two of the same stud and another draw string.

I set up my DD Hammock in the Paito and tried it out over night. it got down to 14c (57f ish) and I was snug as a bug

A man and his Hammock

IMG_20150522_195409.jpg

All in all i am very happy with this Top quit and look forward to using it in the ´wild´

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Woot! Yukon Cheapo
    Insulation
    KAQ under/DD over
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Thanks for the information. I'm thinking of giving one or these a try. The price is certainly right.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    MWG Monster Fly
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Custom UQ
    Suspension
    Continuous Loops
    Was stoked until I realized that it isn't local for me; how many hammock vendors are there in Europe? Is it as widespread as it is here?

Images
    ddhammock quilt.jpg

Just got mine.... Not impressed.
    Drawcord is sewn in the insulation so it doesnt close properly.
    Buttons popped open while pretending i was reading/cooking so i think theyre too loose.
    Big needle used under production so its well ventilated.
    Mine got a bonus hole after transportation probaby :\
    Its going back, unless i get a large discount....

Its hard here in Europe to find a decent synthetic quilt.
    Cumullus has the Dynamic, but its only 500g so its not very wide i think. DD-hammocks quilt seems questionable.... Hopefully maybe Alpkit can make one based on their Mountain Ghost bag, since rumors has it theyre working on down quilt.

Hammock
    DIY Argon 1.6
    Tarp
    DIY
    Insulation
    DIY Down UQ
    Suspension
    Turtle Ties
    Images
    It hurts to see your picture. My DD Top Quilt is top quality and I've never heard about problems with DD stuff so I hope your quilt is the exception that proves the rule.
    Omnia vincit lectulus pensilis.

Hammock
    11,5' all DIY
    Tarp
    DIY 12,5' by 10,5'
    Insulation
    not yet, will DIY
    Suspension
    webbing/marlin
    Thank you for making me discover Alpkit all their stuffs looks great! really technical alpine brand but they do seem to be copying a lot of designs from other brands so any idea on the quality of their products?

It is indeed quite hard to get gear in europe without having to ship from the US
    stupid example last night I was searching for a good camping knife found some advice for a 80-90US$ knife on french amazon price was 2.5 times more expensive!

Quote Originally Posted by SteinO2 View Post
    ddhammock quilt.jpg

Its hard here in Europe to find a decent synthetic quilt.
    Cumullus has the Dynamic, but its only 500g so its not very wide i think. DD-hammocks quilt seems questionable.... Hopefully maybe Alpkit can make one based on their Mountain Ghost bag, since rumors has it theyre working on down quilt.

Mittagsfrost, I love your signature!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mittagsfrost View Post
    It hurts to see your picture. My DD Top Quilt is top quality and I've never heard about problems with DD stuff so I hope your quilt is the exception that proves the rule.
    Last edited by oliop; 07-28-2015 at 08:55.

Hammock
    SLD TreeRunner, DD FL
    Tarp
    WB Super Fly
    Insulation
    DD UQ HG Econ TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    I have no problems with the workmanship of my DD TQ - but the temp rating is a bit optimistic. Recent trip to BWCA I used DD TQ and Under blanket with my DD FL hammock.
    Lowest temp was 37*F The UQ was great but even with My mid-weight fleece top and pants, I still had to put my Poncho Line over the TQ to be warm. Does not have much loft - very similar to the PL. Does not seem to be the same filling as the DD UQ.
    Campcrafter

I'd rather be in the mountains thinking about God, than in church thinking about the mountains.
    - John Muir

• + New Posts