Long time lurker, first time poster! I joined in January after I received as a Christmas gift from my girlfriend a hammock system (I know, I'm one of the lucky ones ) including an ENO doublenest, ENO atlas straps, and the ENO guardian bugnet. I've since added an Arrowhead Equipment New River Long UQ, a Wilderness Logics Tadpole tarp, and am using a 30F sleeping bag as a top quilt. I made my purchases based on the collective wisdom here and LOVE all of my gear!

My loving partner bought the doublenest with the intention of us sleeping in it together. After two challenging nights in it, we have decided that one hammock per person will unfortunately have to be our set up. I plan on posting a more detailed examination of our attempts at sharing a single hammock, and while it may not have worked for us (she has bad restless leg and the sway from her movement keeps her up), I DO think that it is completely possible to for a couple to share a hammock. I found a paucity of info here on sleeping two in one hammock and think I have some advice for those who want to give it a shot. Details to follow!

So while we may lose the cuddling we would get in a tent, we both agree that even those two restless nights were MORE RESTFUL than ground dwelling. We're both hooked and there's no looking back! So here's to hanging and to more nights on the trail!

Anyway, I'm a med student and she's a nursing student so our trips are pretty limited in time, generally 2 nights max with most trips being overnighters. If there's anyone in the Reno or Lake Tahoe area that would like to meet up for a hang, we're always looking to make new friends!

-Colt