WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddio View Post
    That's just the thing, I don't know what is important to me yet. I priced out a Dutch with some options and it was about $100.
    There is really no way of knowing for sure without trying one out. But Warbonnet, Dutch, and Dream Hammocks are ALL great hammock manufacturers with excellent reputations. You won't go "wrong" with any of them and if you decided to try something else later, you could sell it for close to what you paid for it as long as you kept up with it well.

I like the features on the Warbonnet personally but could see myself trying a Dutch hammock down the road as a winter hammock when I don't require a bugnet.

I would recommend watching all the YouTube reviews you can find and maybe one of them will "speak" to you.

Hammock
    GTSBP until DIY
    Tarp
    RSBTR Winter12 UL
    Insulation
    Costco DIY UQ/TQ
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by grok View Post
    My best advice would be to point out that any hammock, no matter the price, is a piece of fabric with rope at the ends. Make your own first. DIY is as much of a reward as the hang.
    That's why I am modding my GTSBP first before I tackle the DIY hammock. Of course, I modded it last night while making a fancee feest stove, adding an internal adjustable ridgeline and switching over to a whipped end versus the gathered end. Now if only my amsteel order would hurry up and arrive, then I can make a suspension.

I have several bed sheets that I am about to take my first crack at making a hammock with and figuring out the thread injector (gotta pop that cherry sometime), with the goal being to sew my wife a HH clone on Saturday. If all goes well, I am sure I will be buying all the goodies needed to make myself WBBB clone. Who am I kidding... it is most likely going to be an expensive weekend with purchases from RSBTR!
    "No one saw me come or go, they only know me by where I have been." -c0de-

Eagle Scout - 2000

Hammock
    Currently Yukon double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bags
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    Well I picked up a Kelty Noah 12 today so I'm on that slippery slope now.

Hey Daddio - I am also brand new and went through the same thought process. I found myself over thinking every decision - and there are so many decisions to make! I realized I would never know what are the best choices for me until I started making some. It was just time to take the plunge and start doing it; fish or cut bait as they say.

I chose the lower cost Dutch Poly to start. Should I ever want to "upgrade" later I'm sure I'll be able to find a home for this hammock.

I hung it yesterday for the first time in a local park (I live in a downtown apartment) and the Dutch Purple Poly turned a few heads . I had a lot of fun setting it up and even managed to doze off for a few minutes it was so comfortable. I think I'm hooked.

Good luck and have fun.

Hammock
    Dutch Argon 1.6 DBL
    Tarp
    Hex Fly + Noah 12
    Insulation
    New River Long
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Dive right in.... Started with an ENO DN, Just got my Dutch 10.5 footer. Set it up with the Noah 12 last night... too windy... but will try it out tonight. Listen to the Forum members...they helped me out allot.

20150529_184225.jpg20150529_184225.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by kormi View Post
    Dive right in.... Started with an ENO DN, Just got my Dutch 10.5 footer. Set it up with the Noah 12 last night... too windy... but will try it out
    tonight. Listen to the Forum members...they helped me out allot

20150529_184225.jpg20150529_184225.jpg
    Nice setup - what do you mean too windy??? Did you get CBS ? Might want to consider an UQ. The wind is like the sun- hear to stay, enjoy it.

Hammock
    clark tx 270
    Tarp
    hennessy hex 10x12
    Insulation
    E E enigma 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    I really like my skeeter beater, i am 6'3" @ 235 , i am a side sleeper and sleep very well. I love the bug net and it fits easily in my backpack. I have about 50-60 hangs in it and very pleased, good luck and happy hanging.

Hammock
    DH Darien
    Tarp
    WB Edge/Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow, Phoenix
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm left handed and lay "righty". Try and find a hanger in your area who will let you try out their set up. Everyone on here is pretty friendly.
    The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.

Hammock
    WBBB 1.7 DL
    Tarp
    WB Mamajamba
    Insulation
    20* Wooki; 20* UGQ
    Suspension
    Webbing/Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by karbo View Post
    I really like my skeeter beater, i am 6'3" @ 235 , i am a side sleeper and sleep very well. I love the bug net and it fits easily in my backpack. I have about 50-60 hangs in it and very pleased, good luck and happy hanging.
    Have you done any of the mods to yours? I use a WBBB primarily but have a SBP as a backup or to loan a friend. I was thinking of taking it on my next trip just for kicks but wondered how it would do overnight. It's great as is for naps!

Hammock
    Currently Yukon double
    Tarp
    Kelty Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Sleeping Bags
    Suspension
    Dutch Cinch buckle
    My main hobby, RC Scale Crawlers, needed some attention and budget this weekend so I haven't had much time to invest in my hang shopping but after that gets straightened out I'll be back at it.
    Who am I kidding I'll be back at it at work tomorrow. Lol

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast