Draumr XL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock3
    Suspension
    straps

Who's near Wenatchee?

Anyone? A summer hang in Alpine Lakes might be in order here.

Hammock
    DreamHammock
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    School
    I'm not, but I go to the Alpine Lakes often. Below was from Monday at Al Lake (formerly Small) in the Necklace Valley. It was my first time going into that area and I'll be back for Hinman and Big Snow. Where do you often go? Since you're on the Wenatchee side I'm guessing you typically come in through 2 instead of 90 or Salmon La Sac / Tucquala?

Attachment 109507Attachment 109508

Hammock
    Draumr XL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock3
    Suspension
    straps
    We usually just drive up the Icicle to Bridge Creek Campground, and drive up the road until we get to the trailhead at the end. this gets us to Stuart, Colchuck, and beyond, but there's tons of trailheads in the Leavenworth area. Tomorrow we're driving up to Stevens and take the chair to wherever it goes, then hike around on top. North out of Lake Wenatchee there's DirtyFace, Smithbrook, and Glacier Peak Wilderness; We're pretty much surrounded by forest!

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HH Hyperlite Asm
    Insulation
    WBBM TQ, DIY Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I'm up Icicle near every weekend when the fire danger isn't too great. Usually Aug-Sept, I move to other areas on HWY 20 or I90 to make sure I don't burn to a crisp because some other idiot couldn't control his fire.

Been exploring the Mountain Loop HWY a lot lately. And a new trail system just opened up around Darrington. There's a lot out there. Put me on the reminders list if you guys decide to put something together.

Hammock
    Draumr XL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock3
    Suspension
    straps
    What's the "reminders" list, Teegs? I'm still working my way around the navigation on this forum. We're going up Stevens tomorrow for a recon, but there shouldn't be much snow on the ground there (up high). We're beginning to get thunder bumpers every afternoon now though, and I'm petrified about the smell of smoke since it's pretty dry now. Right now, I'm waiting for some Dutch Flyz and line so I can rig the tarp, but other than that, I should be good to go, so we're thinking about the middle of next month sometime.

Hammock
    DreamHammock
    Insulation
    UGQ
    Suspension
    School
    The snow-level seems to be around 5500-6500 feet in most areas (excluding some North facing slopes). Colchuck is now unfrozen and I was told the snow-level on Aasgard is around 6000 ft! With this early Summer, now and next weekend are the time to go to the Enchantments if you missed-out on a permit. This is the year to make lemonade from our lemon of a Winter and complete areas typically inaccessible (or technical) until mid-July.

Hammock
    Draumr XL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock3
    Suspension
    straps
    We hiked up to the Jupiter chair on Stevens today, and it's entirely snow-free. There's a few snow patches on the North side PCT which we descended, but they're only about 15-20 feet in length. Still pretty soggy in a lot of places, with lots of little streamlets flowing though. That's at the 5600 foot level, roughly.

Hammock
    HH Hyperlite
    Tarp
    HH Hyperlite Asm
    Insulation
    WBBM TQ, DIY Pad
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Alex- Oh there's no "reminders" list. I just wanted you to let me know if ya'll were headed out.

Thanks for the intel on Stevens. I actually made my way up Icicle Creek on a day hike on Sunday. Did some mapping Monday and realized its about a 15 mile easy thru hike. I think the lady and I are going to do it soon.

From the looks of it, it seems like you could pretty easily day hike it with the right gear.

Hammock
    Draumr XL
    Tarp
    WB Edge
    Insulation
    JRB Greylock3
    Suspension
    straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Teegs View Post
    Alex- Oh there's no "reminders" list. I just wanted you to let me know if ya'll were headed out.

Thanks for the intel on Stevens. I actually made my way up Icicle Creek on a day hike on Sunday. Did some mapping Monday and realized its about a 15 mile easy thru hike. I think the lady and I are going to do it soon.

From the looks of it, it seems like you could pretty easily day hike it with the right gear.
    We'll check out Lake Janus this week-it's off the Smithbrook access on Hwy 2 just East of Stevens Pass. Should be entirely snow-free, and looks like lots of spots to hang from. I'll keep you guys posted!

Hammock
    10' 52'' Bias WWM
    Tarp
    HG CF Camo 4 door
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    DG Whoopie/ Kevlar
    Images
    I live, hang, and fish in the Wenatchee area!
    A free people claim their rights, as derived from the laws of nature, and not as the gift of their chief magistrate. ~ Thomas Jefferson

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast