Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Now that is a great idea but I think more for car campers though, as I have 3 women and 2 grand-daughters and they would use this as a portable bathroom/ makeup caddy and I would never see it again. Actually no worries as CR was established when published- here. But others are not always trustworthy- just look at existing products that are being copied and sold back to us. Good luck on your idea, and I hope it comes to reality.

so i got to thinking about weight...keeping form and the mesh on the side to use a "rack"

what if you found some thick long lite plastic strips that want to resist bending and straighten out but with not to much pressure, and sew them into a channel around the middle inside of the gear sack...that would in essence keep the whole inside inflated outwards.

also thinking about a mesh inside level. what if you use something like fish net webbing...so its easier for things to dry. and allows a nice shelf.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Tarp
    MWG Monster Fly
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Custom UQ
    Suspension
    Continuous Loops
    Quote Originally Posted by phil823 View Post
    so i got to thinking about weight...keeping form and the mesh on the side to use a "rack"

what if you found some thick long lite plastic strips that want to resist bending and straighten out but with not to much pressure, and sew them into a channel around the middle inside of the gear sack...that would in essence keep the whole inside inflated outwards.

also thinking about a mesh inside level. what if you use something like fish net webbing...so its easier for things to dry. and allows a nice shelf.
    Those are both great ideas. The first I've already accounted for if you look closely at my picture. The second is an improvement, though, because while I wanted to use an open mesh to dry things, I hadn't thought of fishing line specifically.

Good thinking!

Hammock
    HH exped asym zip
    Tarp
    DIY "Penta-tarp"
    Insulation
    DIY CS Apex
    Suspension
    G-clips, rings
    I don't think it would need to be pack cover sized, just big enough for shoes, and other stuff you want easy to find. Could you design it in such a way that it acted more like a pack lid? so the bottom section was bellowed to give you that storage space when hanging, the "shelf" became a compression zone when in lid mode, and the top was able to self-compress to keep tidy, but organized? it stands to my logic that quite a lot of the things you might want in an organizer would also be at home in the lid of your pack. The top half could be weather proof, where the bottom would not need to be.

Hammock
    Tarp
    MWG Monster Fly
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Custom UQ
    Suspension
    Continuous Loops
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetgeek View Post
    I don't think it would need to be pack cover sized, just big enough for shoes, and other stuff you want easy to find. Could you design it in such a way that it acted more like a pack lid? so the bottom section was bellowed to give you that storage space when hanging, the "shelf" became a compression zone when in lid mode, and the top was able to self-compress to keep tidy, but organized? it stands to my logic that quite a lot of the things you might want in an organizer would also be at home in the lid of your pack. The top half could be weather proof, where the bottom would not need to be.
    All great points!

That's pretty cool.

Hammock
    Tarp
    MWG Monster Fly
    Insulation
    WL TQ/Custom UQ
    Suspension
    Continuous Loops
    Quote Originally Posted by rustyshack11 View Post
    That's pretty cool.