Some advice please

Hi, I have a hanging seat that I bought from ikea years ago that I am going to set up in my daughter's room. I was also thinking about getting a hammock in her room as well. The hanging seat is sold along side some hangers meant to be sunk into your ceiling joists but I was thinking about setting up a ridge line that would give her access to both on one system. I saw the ENO and Sparx hanging options for indoor hangers. I was going to run the SRL from and to perpendicular walls diagonally from the doorway to the wall near a window jamb. Any ideas how to rig up this seat to the SRL and have it work with the hammock?

Hammock
    11' Poly Ripstop
    Tarp
    DIY Sil Cat Hex
    Insulation
    Phoenix and Synth
    Suspension
    Hammock Anchors
    If you were to attach that seat to a tight line running across a room you would be putting extreme (probably close to 1000 pounds or more) amounts of tension on your walls and suspension. In order to reduce the stress you would have to have a large amount of sag in that SRL and then you would be on the ground (unless you have really high walls).
    I would set up two hooks on opposing walls for the hammock and do the chair separately to the ceiling. Use carabiner to make it easy to disassemble and switch them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ksbcrocks View Post
    If you were to attach that seat to a tight line running across a room you would be putting extreme (probably close to 1000 pounds or more) amounts of tension on your walls and suspension. In order to reduce the stress you would have to have a large amount of sag in that SRL and then you would be on the ground (unless you have really high walls).
    I would set up two hooks on opposing walls for the hammock and do the chair separately to the ceiling. Use carabiner to make it easy to disassemble and switch them out.
    So it sounds like SRLs are no good for indoor use. That must be why nobody was mentioning them in the forum. I picked up 1/4" x 2 1/2" lag screws and some medium duty d-hooks for the hammock. Gonna make a tablecloth hammock for her 12" off the floor. I guess I'll set up the chair separately. She presently weighs 30lbs!

Hammock
    DIY, WBBB & Switchback
    Tarp
    HG cuben,OES Spinn
    Insulation
    DIY 3/4 UQ/TQ, UGQ
    Suspension
    Dynaglide / Dutch
    Images
    Hanging from a straight ridgeline stretched across a room will have one of two outcomes. The best one is that the lag bolts let loose. The other one is where the wall falls on top of you. The laws of physics are strictly enforced.
    Mike
    "Life is a Project!"

Hammock
    snipe hammock
    Tarp
    sil/pu hex
    Insulation
    3M Thinsulate/down
    Suspension
    whoopie sling
    how did you start a thread with only two post? yeah anyways ksbcrocks is right, the angle of the hang will determind how much pull their is. a super tight hammock can pull as much as 2 to 3 times is weight.

Hammock
    eno double/ GT double/ tablecloth
    Tarp
    GG 13x13
    Insulation
    DIY UQ
    Suspension
    whoopies
    the tangent of zero is infinity- avoid the taughtline

Understood. Needed to "lurk moar". I'll likely build a wood frame out of sandwiched 2x4s to do this down the road. Thanks for setting me straight all.

Unsure about the early thread start. Perhaps management had already earmarked me for greatness...

• + New Posts