Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post
    Are you the only person that still owns one of the climashield Yeti's? Very interesting piece of gear there...
    Nope, never gettin' rid of mine. I don't have a problem using mine with an unmodified Hennessy either. I permanently quilt looped two layers into mine, and I permanently quilt looped two more layers together so I'll only have to hand baste one time to add either one or two additional layers.

Hammock
    DIY: 11' Pertex 4 - AKA 'ball bag'
    Tarp
    DIY: 10x10 S-Nylon
    Insulation
    DIY: CS Dual Diff
    Suspension
    DIY: Dyneema leads
    Images
    Hey, sorry to necro an old thread.

I am trying to mimic one of these quilts. I have all my plans drawn out for the final model and was hoping you could clear something up for me?

When you ad the extra layers does the quilt bulge out on the inside? As in, does the diff cut account for the extra layers fully?

AFAIK, using the 'inside out method' i can deal with this in two ways, build it around the one layer and treat the extra layers as 'overstuff' (which will bulge on the inside and make the quilt a bit smaller) OR make the shell to take all layers without compression (no bulge on the inside).

The quilts i have done so far have all been made to account for the extra layers, which leaves a bit of a sag in the outer shell. This seems to look a bit untidy as the seams tend to want to stick out a little around the edges, not a big deal though. I am thinking of building this one a little larger and using the extra layers as 'overstuff' as i dont think a bit of compression on climashield will be a big deal, but it would be great to get some insight from someone who has one of the multi layer quilts. I cannot find any photo's of one so i cannot confirm for myself.

Both have their pro's and cons, overstuff looks tidier and gives a snug fit against the back, overhang gives zero compression and a slightly smaller base size. Ideally i would wan't to use whatever is working on the quilts that are out there rather than run into issues.
    Last edited by mr tickle; 11-05-2014 at 12:45.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12