WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    ugq Fjack and zep
    Suspension
    Webbing n buckles

Thumbs up Vivere 15' 3 Beam Stand

I just set up a Vivere 15' 3-beam hammock stand for my backyard hanging needs. Sadly, a lightning strike eliminated the primary hangable tree in our small back yard two years ago. I've been hemming and hawing over my options and decided to just try this thing out. Both Walmart and Costco have this online with free shipping in Canada for around $159. I'm sure they go on sale, but the summer season is too short around here to wait. Trigger pulled!

Setup: This thing is a breeze. You just insert 3 pipes onto two supports, pushing down the button catches to keep things in place, and she's all set to go! No tools required.

Looking at the hooks on either end, I'm thinking about replacing them with eyes for peace of mind and to allow more rigging options. The hooks don't lend themselves to any thing other than hanging the hammock itself. Thinking of adding a ridgeline to let me hang a small organizer and a beer/beverage holder. Nobody likes waking up on a warm summer afternoon with an empty bottle and a trickle of beer running from the lowest point on the hammock!

Rigging: I unravelled my ENO double with Atlas straps (replacement amsteel for suspension is in the mail) to test it out. First attempt saw me straddling the hammock, testing my weight against the metal frame and hooks. With the stretch of the ENO, I came to a rest with my back side just rubbing (gently) against the bottom spanning pole. I pulled the hammock taut between the two mounting points and noticed a bit of play in the frame. If I lift up on one of the angled poles, there is about 3-4 inches of vertical movement allowed. I pulled my foot-end strap off the hook, pushed the angled pole up as much as I could, and hooked my Atlas strap back on the hook with two extra loops of the strap taken up. Quick straddle test, and I'm hanging!

Summary: So far, so good! It's rated for 450lbs. I'm hovering around 300lbs right now and now issues with this stand. No ominous creaking! No panicking pops!

I'll try out my WBBB XLC when I pick it up this weekend. It won't have as much room for adjustment, but with 15' between the mounting points, I expect there should be no major issues. I'll snap some picks of both hammocks hanging and post them in a reply.

http://www.vivereltd.com/hammock-sta...ck-stand-steel - 15BEAM-ORB (Oil Rubbed Bronze)
    Last edited by BigGreenMoose; 06-05-2015 at 06:08. Reason: formatting and title tweak

Hammock
    WBBB XLC, left lay
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG Inc and Burrow
    Suspension
    Ti Strap Anchors
    Images
    thanks for the review. i've tried a few portable stands and one thing i haven't seen written about them before i bought the stands is that they tend to flex, so anything with a ridgeline like the XLC will never have a taut ridgeline. you could try staking lines from the arm tips to the ground to help prevent the flex, kind of how the handyhammocks are staked to the ground on either ends.

Hammock
    Hammeck Breezy
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    Does anyone ever attach a bit of shock cord to their ridgeline (as many people do to tarp guylines) in order to accommodate the stand's flexing?

Like this: https://www.hammockforums.net/forum/...arp-Tensioners

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.7
    Tarp
    WBSuperfly
    Insulation
    ugq Fjack and zep
    Suspension
    Webbing n buckles
    I haven't tried this. I'm more inclined to tension an amsteel ridge line to reduce the stand's flex.

• + New Posts