N/A
    Tarp
    N/A
    Insulation
    N/A
    Suspension
    N/A
    Images
    Where is the current Roster at? My Cuz. Rich and I will be coming for sure, possibly my Cuz. Charlie if we can drag him away from work!

Can't wait!!!

George

Hammock
    Still Searching
    Tarp
    Still Searching
    Insulation
    Still Searching
    Suspension
    Still Searching
    Quote Originally Posted by lazy river road View Post
    That would be cool, I promised Stormcrow a through review on his Winter Ptarmigan and Burrow and would love to know how cold it got at night.

no problem, I will bring it.
    Brian D. Samosky

It's a kilt!! If it were a skirt, I'd be wearin somthin under it!!

For certain, you have to be lost to find a place as can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was.

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    – John 3:16.

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    Oh yeah, if you can, you should bring some type of camp chair.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Images
    juut got back from Ruck. totally ready for this hang. won't have to put up don't piss on me signs. LOL (ask Hooch)

Hi guys, I just wanted to jump in here real quick and say hi.
    I'm an online friend of Festus Hagen here in these forums and I plan to be at this hammock hang for at least friday night as a lowly ground dweller.
    I'm interested in checking out any Warbonnet rigs, or bridge style setups.

I did this little site recon from a few pages ago:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...&postcount=143

I'm not much of a cook, so i'm not sure what I can bring that would be useful, let alone edible, and it seems like you guys are bringing plenty of food as it is. However, being a local I can still offer help out with any supply runs if needed.
    I have off on friday, and except for a few errands in the morning I can make the run to the Batsto station and pick-up about 20+? permits ahead of time if need be.

I'll also be bringing extra bottled and bulk water and a few other extra snack type items(peanuts, pepperoni, atomic fireballs) if anyone is interested.
    I'll bring some extra "porkroll"(Taylor ham) too, so we don't run out. It makes great camping food.

I'm moving into a new house this same week/weekend so hopefully, if everything goes well i'll be able to stay for a second night too, but we'll see.

Also, FWIW, the REI store over in Marlton(20 minute drive/on route 70 and 73) is having a members only garage sale(30%+ off) on saturday. All are welcome, but its still an opportunity for some quality outdoor gear, and at the very least a good time killer.

Images
    i'm filling my trunk with dry kindling, but have no firewood. will bring bow saws.

Hammock
    DIY Wbbb Clone
    Tarp
    12x10 Cat cut DIY
    Suspension
    Ring Buckles
    Images
    If you want to pickup the permits that would be great. Not sure if you would want to pick up for both Friday and Saturday night. We should have a number nailed down by next Thursday. I will be able to pickup my permits, but maybe those coming in late can let us know and we can pick up their permits for them.

About food: I would think we have the main dishes set. Snacks would be great. We will have an area set aside for all the food.

If anyone has a folding table and want to bring it, we could use it. We will have a tarped area that all the food will be under.

Quote Originally Posted by feuer View Post
    Hi guys, I just wanted to jump in here real quick and say hi.
    I'm an online friend of Festus Hagen here in these forums and I plan to be at this hammock hang for at least friday night as a lowly ground dweller.
    I'm interested in checking out any Warbonnet rigs, or bridge style setups.

I did this little site recon from a few pages ago:
    http://www.hammockforums.net/forum/s...&postcount=143

I'm not much of a cook, so i'm not sure what I can bring that would be useful, let alone edible, and it seems like you guys are bringing plenty of food as it is. However, being a local I can still offer help out with any supply runs if needed.
    I have off on friday, and except for a few errands in the morning I can make the run to the Batsto station and pick-up about 20+? permits ahead of time if need be.

I'll also be bringing extra bottled and bulk water and a few other extra snack type items(peanuts, pepperoni, atomic fireballs) if anyone is interested.
    I'll bring some extra "porkroll"(Taylor ham) too, so we don't run out. It makes great camping food.

I'm moving into a new house this same week/weekend so hopefully, if everything goes well i'll be able to stay for a second night too, but we'll see.

Also, FWIW, the REI store over in Marlton(20 minute drive/on route 70 and 73) is having a members only garage sale(30%+ off) on saturday. All are welcome, but its still an opportunity for some quality outdoor gear, and at the very least a good time killer.
    Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. ~Steven Wright

Hammock
    Warbonnet
    Tarp
    HG/BWWD/Z-Packs
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    Woopies & Straps
    Images
    Hi Feuer, thanks for that great recon mission to the camp site, those pictures you posted got me really xited about the trip. And boy ooohhh boy thanks for the REI tip on the member sale. I was kinda upset I was missing my home town one in Baltimore but their was no way I was going to miss this hang. I think I may need to take a ride over to REI Saturday Morning, Im in need a good cheap rain coat. Any one interested in takeing a ride to REI Sat morning?
    Sometimes I like to hike and think, And sometimes I just like to hike.

Hiking is'ent about waiting for the storm to pass its about learning to hike in the rain.

Images

Topo Maps

i have topo maps in PDF format for the area we will be in, but they are too large to post.

Atsion (south fo camp)
    Chatsworth (east of camp[apple pie hill])
    Indian Mills (where we will be)
    A topo of the entire Batona Trail

if you was one or All , pm me your e-mail. will be glad to send

KK

Images

Gps

I'm not getting Too excited about this, am I

• + New Posts
  • Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast