DL RidgeRunner
    Tarp
    SLD Winter Haven
    Insulation
    Nemo Tensor
    Suspension
    Beetle Buckles
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark8408 View Post
    Does a pad work well in a single layer hammock?
    Many would argue that a pad doesn't work well in any kind of hammock, but I digress...

In a single layer hammock, in addition to all the other problems associated with pads, you'll find that the pad slides around under you a lot. If you get a CCF pad and cut it really short and just put it under your shoulders to flatten out the hammock there, it might be ok.

Hammock
    sld tree runner dl
    Tarp
    sld trail haven
    Insulation
    Diy reflectics
    Suspension
    Woopie
    Thanks. I set the hammock up last night and layer in it for a while. I noticed that if I lay on the diagonal I get more shoulder pressure than if I bring my feet up towards my butt and let my knees flop out towards the sides. when my legs are out straight is when I get the squeeze, and it seems to be on one side more than the other. If I switch my lay fromeft to right the squeeze flips as well.

Hammock
    sld tree runner dl
    Tarp
    sld trail haven
    Insulation
    Diy reflectics
    Suspension
    Woopie
    I got around to measuring the hammock last night. It wasn't the claimed length. It came up 10 inches short. That makes a big difference in the ridge line length. I set the hammock up with the new ridge line and it was a lot better. The new realization was that it is definitely to short now. Lol. I guess it is a new hammock for me. Thanks for all the help.

Hammock
    WBBB XLC 1.1 dbl/ Traveler 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    Toxaway & Bullfrog
    Insulation
    Incubator & Burrow
    Suspension
    Adjustable Webbing
    I am 6-3ish and 275ish. While my first hammocks were 10' and comfortable the 11' Warbonnet Blackbird XLC made for a big improvement. I say this not to turn you toward the WB but to consider that length and width as one that works well for this full figured fella. Another thing you might consider is the fabric; double or single? 1.9 or 1.1? Advice given up stream from this post was to attend a group hang. Hammock feel is a very subjective and personal thing. I find a 1.1 double felt better that my previous 1.7 doubles and a group hang would be a much less pricey way to find out what suits you best.

Hammock
    sld tree runner dl
    Tarp
    sld trail haven
    Insulation
    Diy reflectics
    Suspension
    Woopie
    I am planning on attending a group hang in July in Ocala national forest. I have been doing a lot of reading this past week and I know I need a double layer. I was looking at a 1.7 double in 11 foot.

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12