My back hasn't been giving me much trouble. Overall I have a weak lower back. It takes some fine tuned exercises to get it going in a stronger direction and not much to put it out of wack again. Which leads to me throwing my hands up in frustration.

My question is...if my back is just weak and my main problem hiking was losing sleep b/c of spasms...do you think sleeping in the hammock will help me get some sleep and reduce the spasms? And over time my back will strengthen?

Most of the time once I got up and got going my back would warm up and be okay. A little tight on the uphill but, no spasms. After DAYS of losing sleep though, it begins to cause my shoulders to fatigue and so then my back AND shoulders start to tense up as I hike.

Basically I am sick of lolli gagging and doing Mickey Mouse exercises. I want to tough it out. Its just "weak muscles". Not a pull or slipped disk or anything like that. I know of a lot of ppl that hike with WORSE health problems. Maybe I'm just being a woman!?