Tarp
    JRB Universal
    Insulation
    DAM/ HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Webbing and rings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticFringer View Post
    Yea my Blackcat set up with hiking poles really does look like a porch. Now I need to figure out a way to screen it in.
    if you were serious about that, you could do something like the "hammock tents" JRB had at mount rogers, but use noseeum for the sides.
    i belive someone already talked about that. could be nice if you were spending time in a buggy place.
    I too will something make and joy in it's making

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slowhike View Post
    if you were serious about that, you could do something like the "hammock tents" JRB had at mount rogers, but use noseeum for the sides.
    i belive someone already talked about that. could be nice if you were spending time in a buggy place.
    I have been toying with something like that. I am thinking of a tarptent with noseeum sides and sil bottom and top. Kind of a hybrid Tarptent and one of Ray Jardine's tarp/bugtarps.

In my case I want something that I can set up as a hammock tarp/bugnet or as a ground tarptent with my trekking poles. This would be perfect for someone out west.

Actually now that I think about it, a rectangular tarptent with small opening for the hammock supports and a ridgeline tieout would be about right. It might have to be a little taller though.

This is probibly going to be high up on my DIY list this winter if/when I move to Denver.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images
    You think your comfy now, waite until you get into your fifties. If my Hennessy could cook I'd leave my wife for it.

If your sliding down into the middle try lowering the head end a bit, that should help. I'm stocky in the shoulders and the extra weight caused me to do that also.
    If you must choose between two evils, opt for the one you've never tried before

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    AHE Ridge Creek UQ
    Suspension
    buckles
    Thanks all for the replies. I have the hennessy underpad, as I dont figure I'l need a quilt until wintering with it. The maccats are hat I'm eying now for a tarp, gotta wait for the $$$ for it though. Lastly, I'll try hanging the head part a little lower. As it was my first overnight with it, I figured I'd run into a few snags. Nothing bad though, with which I was quite shocked. Still cant get over the lack of soreness though!

Images
    If it makes you feel any better, my first night in a HH my feet and pad ended up hanging out of the foot hole. Had to look like the hammock was giving birth.
    Is that too much to ask? Girls with frikkin' lasers on their heads?
    The hanger formly known as "hammock engineer".

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by oldsoldier View Post
    Thanks all for the replies. I have the hennessy underpad, as I dont figure I'l need a quilt until wintering with it. The maccats are hat I'm eying now for a tarp, gotta wait for the $$$ for it though. Lastly, I'll try hanging the head part a little lower. As it was my first overnight with it, I figured I'd run into a few snags. Nothing bad though, with which I was quite shocked. Still cant get over the lack of soreness though!
    Are you using the pad by itself, or with the undercover ( AKA SuperShelter? ). I find that basic 1 Hennessy pad SS good into the low 40's or maybe high 30's, with the undercover giving a good bit of extra wind/moisture protection. And it's easily souped up for somewhat colder temps.

But the whole thing is great comfort wise, aint it?

Bill

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12