Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for a big guy hammock

Hi guys got a hammock from kickstarter liked it while it lasted but that was like 2 hangs till it ripped lol. Now I'm looking for my first n last hammock I'm 6ft 4in 275 i want something that is real durable n fast to hang I'm a side sleeper put think i could sleep on my back with some practice what do you guys recommend

Hammock
    Dream Hammock Thunderbird
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Welcome aboard, I would give Dream Hammock a look see. Several models,fabrics,colors, single and double layer and like most these vendors on HF great customer service. You could pm him here on Hf screen name Papasmurf or email from his web site.

Hammock
    WildernessLogics 12x6
    Tarp
    HG cuben 13ridge12
    Insulation
    TopQuiltUnderQuilt
    Suspension
    S and D
    Wilderness Logic double layer Night Owl hammock. Marty has the tree straps and whoopie slings and adjustable structural hammock ridge line. That will hold you off the ground without fail, and since it's an eleven foot hammock it's comfortable and can be used for either left lay or right lay just by flipping the hammock upside down.

Hammock
    Custom Trail Lair; Streamliner DL
    Tarp
    Noahs 12
    Insulation
    Incubator/Bandit 0
    Suspension
    cinch buckles
    I'm shorter but around same weight. In love with the Simply Light Designs Streamliner 1.9 DL. Very comfortable and durable. Give Jared at SLD a chance and you won't be disappointed!

Good luck.

Hammock
    Blackbird 1.7 double
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    UGQs ZEPPELIN
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Images
    Consider a WB BB or XLC or a Hammeck Netty or Envy S with ACU camo.

I am 6ft 2 and 280+lbs and use a WB BB 1.7 DL and a Hammeck EnvyS 11 ft DL made of ACU camo ( 64" wide ) and find both very comfortable. I can sleep on my sides in either. The Envy S has more room but the BB has a shelf that is very nice to have.

I like a hammock with a bug net as I live in a very buggy area and the bug net helps to keep my TQ ect inside the hammock.

I am primarily a stomach sleeper in a bed but I have no problem sleeping on my back in a hammock.
    I am still 18 but with 52 years of experience !

Hammock
    DIY standard gathered end (DL 1.1)
    Tarp
    Chinook 12x9
    Insulation
    Nada ... yet
    Suspension
    DIY whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthewbas View Post
    ... Now I'm looking for my first n last hammock ...
    That is funny, I don't care who you are.

Welcome to the site. The suggestions above are spot on. There are several vendors here that will take care of your needs.

STinGa
    Sarcasm is a dying art.

Eagle Scout September '85 Troop 339 Smyrna, TN

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Walhallah 12ft
    Insulation
    LocoLibre/JRB
    Suspension
    DIY Whoopies
    Images
    2 suggestions that will fit your bill, depending on how you want to use it.

For camping/hiking, you really can't go wrong with a Warbonnet BBXLC. It's a complete package minus the tarp.

However for camping/lounging, I LOVE my Sierra Madre Research Pares. Very comfortable, great fabric feel, PLENTY OF ROOM, and it's tested to 1000 lbs.

Hammock
    WL Night Owl
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL Summer/ Winter
    Suspension
    Birch Buckles
    6'3" and 275 here. I also recommend the Wilderness Logics Night Owl. I did months of research and after watching Shug's YouTube review on the Snipe I knew I got it right the first time. I highly recommend it.
    Formerly McBlaster
    The Tent is a Lie

Hammock
    Juniper Custom
    Tarp
    xenon/bonded/RecWi
    Insulation
    etherial0's hg20's
    Suspension
    Tree straps
    I love my WBBB XLC but there are alot of offerings out there. I'm a big guy and this hammock fits the bill for me for the buy once cry once model of purchasing the SF tarp is a great pairing and some msr groundhog steaks for securing along with some Dutch Bling if you wish will complete your set up for summer. No matter what hammock you decide on the first few lays will be a trial and error as they all hang a little different and it's a learning curve to get it dialed in. For cooler you will need some inso, I love HG and have had great service and great quilts made buy them, but there are many ways to inso your hammock and many great vendors that would love to serve your needs. It boils down to Choice, Cost, Features, and Time vs. how much you want or willing to spend.
    “ Do not correct a fool or he will hate you, correct a wise man and he will appreciate you.”
    ~ Bruce Lee

are the WBBB XLC fast to put up?

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast