Hello from Central Illinois

Hello everyone thanks for the invite. I found out about you from watching Shug's videos. I have just bought an ENO Double Nest about a month ago since I wanted to get back into camping. All I know is I'll never say I won't stay in a tent ever again but man is it gonna take a lot to get me in one. Never have I experienced a more consistent sleep while outdoors. Also I was over jagged concrete in one spot. Try that in a tent. Love life above ground. Won't ever look back. Anyhow thanks for all the wonder people on here who freely share valuable information. I have already learned how to do things so much quicker and with sturdier results. I am still just using a regular harbor freight tarp 11 1/2 x 15 1/5 so it's really roomy under it. Yeah it weighs a tad more but my Marine ILBE ruck sack is capable of 125 pounds and I'm a lifter so at 36.8 pounds it's good to go. It's also louder when rain hits it but that puts me to sleep quicker.

Hammock
    Tinker T-7 / ENO DN / WBBB
    Tarp
    Winters Dream v2
    Insulation
    JRB HR / Jarbidge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Hello from just down the road in Canton. I was in Jacksonville today to see a forum member from Salt Lake in visiting his mother. I was looking over his newly accquired hammock stuff. I am going to post a picture to the forum shortly (tonight if I figure how).

WOW you def aren't far from me at all. How's the river flooding out your way? I know Banner was pretty bad for a while. A lot of the trails and an entire camping site in East Peoria is totally underwater right now. Sad because that area is fun to hang out in.

Hammock
    DIY Bananahammock
    Tarp
    Dutch Duo
    Insulation
    DIY / HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Kevlar & UCR
    Welcome! There is a small group that camps on the I&M trail and also an upcoming camp at Shawnee garden of the Gods. Check it out! Have fun.
    Get lost in the woods and find yourself again. A vacation,to me, is working with your hands and surviving because of the fruits of your labor. In the business world I teach;in the natural world I learn.

Hammock
    Tinker T-7 / ENO DN / WBBB
    Tarp
    Winters Dream v2
    Insulation
    JRB HR / Jarbidge
    Suspension
    AHE Whoopie Slings
    Quote Originally Posted by evink View Post
    WOW you def aren't far from me at all. How's the river flooding out your way? I know Banner was pretty bad for a while. A lot of the trails and an entire camping site in East Peoria is totally underwater right now. Sad because that area is fun to hang out in.
    Yes, this area is real bad with the flooding and it just won't go away. About the only place around that is always open is Sand Ridge State Park. They have no rivers or lakes n the area.

• + New Posts