DIY Extra Wide & Long Tablecloth
    Tarp
    Funky & GG Tarps
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    continuous L. Amst

Finally full time!

I've been talking about it for years.........and finally cut my king bed in half to have a twin, and have gone full time house hammock . I got tired of fighting mattresses, wasting the money over and over, and still not getting comfortable. The absolute only thing that I regret is not snuggeling with my dogs. One is sleeping pretty good on her own now, another of my snugglers passed away last week, that is still heart breaking, and my third snuggler can't make it all night on her own just yet, but I will just keep working with her on that. I wouldn't be so worried about them, but I'm in a Mayan until my Brazilian gets here. Although if I can get my one to learn to sleep full nights on her own, it will be better for her since she is so tiny.

With all of that said, I'm thrilled to pieces. I'm actually sleeping at night, I feel better in the morning, heck, I even like sitting in it better than any other furniture in this house! Everyone around me is happier....because I'm not hurting from a night of hell. So

Hammock
    Dutch PolyD
    Tarp
    HG Winter Palace
    Insulation
    HG 0, 20, 40
    Suspension
    Dutch Whoopie Hook
    Images
    Congrats on the new sleeping arrangements!
    "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hammock
    WBBB XLC
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    HG Incubator 20
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    That is cool! I set up hooks so I can use my grand trunk double in the house, but so far have only spent one night in it, I keep getting drawn out to my bbxlc hanging in the woods out back. I can hear the tree frogs and owls better.....

Hammock
    DIY Knotty/Speer special, RED
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    50 extree pounds
    Suspension
    Whoopy slings
    Been hanging since January of 2011. I still lay down and watch tv with the wife and dogs in the bed but I can't sleep there over night. My biggest dog lays claim to me when I do. Last time he came up, laid down on top of us till he wedged his way in, put his feet on her back and then pushed. It's pretty funny. My daughters dog when she sleeps over doesn't leave my hammock ( long hair chihuahua) and my Boston slept with me all last winter but now sleeps in her bed though normally she comes to bed with me for a bit. So I do miss my snugglers as you mentioned but especially at this hot time of the year, I don't miss sweating myself to death or the aches and pains of a mattress

Hammock
    WBB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben
    Insulation
    Baby Orca/Klymit
    Suspension
    straps/c buckles
    Images
    Hooray!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

AT '12. AT '14. FT '15. CA '15.

Hammock
    Robic XL 1.1oz 11'
    Tarp
    RSBTR PU4000 tarps
    Insulation
    UGQ 0* 20* 40* set
    Suspension
    Multi buckle web
    Plus 1

I am pretty much full time outdoors....but going to have to get some attachment points indoors set up should the weather be too ugly...if there is such a thing
    Life is too Short to not feed the addiction....Hang on and explore the World

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    Quote Originally Posted by DivaB View Post
    I've been talking about it for years.........and finally cut my king bed in half to have a twin, and have gone full time house hammock . I got tired of fighting mattresses, wasting the money over and over, and still not getting comfortable. The absolute only thing that I regret is not snuggeling with my dogs. One is sleeping pretty good on her own now, another of my snugglers passed away last week, that is still heart breaking, and my third snuggler can't make it all night on her own just yet, but I will just keep working with her on that. I wouldn't be so worried about them, but I'm in a Mayan until my Brazilian gets here. Although if I can get my one to learn to sleep full nights on her own, it will be better for her since she is so tiny.

With all of that said, I'm thrilled to pieces. I'm actually sleeping at night, I feel better in the morning, heck, I even like sitting in it better than any other furniture in this house! Everyone around me is happier....because I'm not hurting from a night of hell. So
    Welcome to the full timer life. I had to sleep in a bed on vacation. Couldn't wait to get home or find some trees to get some good rest.

Hammock
    Dream Hammock DangerBird
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    DIY down UQ
    Suspension
    Cinch buckles
    I spent my first night indoor hammocking last night. Hammock stand arrived yesterday (a 12.5ft beast of a thing, and heavy/sturdy enough to allay any fears). I slept in a tenth wonder Hornet flipped over so the bug netting was on the bottom. Started lying on top of a quilt and under another, but after 15 min started getting CBS, so I threw on my homemade uq (untested thus far) and that fixed everything.
    My feline bed partner wasn't impressed and spent the night on the bed, but I coaxed her in for some morning snuggles, and I think she can be convinced with time.
    I'm noticing a lack of stiffness this morning that I think I was so used to that I never even noticed it. Feeling well rested.
    I'm looking forward to ordering a Brazilian, but so far, I think I'm onto a winner here. Also considering making up a full-length uq out of a woollen blanket.
    Corvis natum est.

Hammock
    WL Snipe
    Tarp
    WL Tadpole
    Insulation
    WL SS UQ, WL SS TQ
    Suspension
    Dutch speedhooks
    Images
    Congratulations DivaB. Haven't seen you around here lately. Maybe you just couldn't get out of that hammock. That's my biggest problem, actually my wife's problem not mine, with being retired and sleeping in a hammock. I don't wanta and I ain't gonna.
    Most of us end up poorer here but richer for being here. Olddog, Fulltime hammocker, 365 nights a year.

Hammock
    Wanderlust SE Robin's Egg Blue
    Tarp
    Wanderlust Special
    Insulation
    HG Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie slings
    Welcome to the dark side!

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast