MYOG pad extender

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a simple one. I wanted one simpler and lighter than the speer version with not so many indiviual pieces of foam. I have about 14 yds of this 1oz ripstop I got from walmart. Its super thin though.

At any rate whipped up this pad extended to use over a neoair.
Reason being is in case I get stuck on the ground I can be somewhat comfortable.

The top part is a sewn tube made out of a 49" x 46" piece of nylon, hemmed. The finished length is 48" to match a neoair short.

There is a flat sheet on the bottom that is 20" x 48" finished, sewn to the tube only on the 20" side and down the middle in the short direction to hold the wing pads in place.

I might add some vecro dots to hold the blue pad a bit better. They can be shifted around.

Shown is with a full length neoair.

As shown the entire rigs weighs a total of 23.5 oz
Nylon extender 2.5 oz
Neoair reg 14 oz
(2) 20 x 44" blue pads (12" out ea side) 7 oz

With a small neoair it would weigh 18.5 oz

These blue foam pads are from bass pro shops, 3/8" and fairly dense and weigh roughly 5 oz for a full length pad. With just blue foam, one full length and the 2 cross pieces it would weigh 14.5 oz.

I will probably make a cold version set of wings with a double layer of foam on the outside 12". That would add another 3.5 oz.

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z...ns3/padext.jpg