Hammock
    WB Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    WB Cloudburst
    Insulation
    NeoAir Xlite
    Suspension
    Straps
    I usually have everything ready in an hour or so.

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
    Because I want to be the last one standing or recovered with a pack surrounded by brass.
    Hahahaha... Well and succinctly stated, Mumbles! Ditto, for what it's worth, at my age and in my mangled shape. - So long as I'm not spread to dry or stripped for inspection/cleaning, all's prepped and ready to fly. I only JUST got back from an impulse-trip to Colorado, which was an opportunity I'd've lost, if I'd not been prepped. I do enjoy freedoms not common to every man, which make fast fly-outs a sensible thing: 1)I got no dependent children, cats, wives, or other special-needs mammals. 2)I feel no obligation to live to serve my house & lawn. 3)I need only lower the temps on my fish, dim their lights, and I can be parking in Lot E at Albany International in 49-to-57minutes. - Years of high-speed/high-mobility lifestyle are nothing to be recommended, but an agile citizenry is a strong citizenry, and preparation for life and death is every man's obligation. Once-monthly speed drills are to be advised, for urgency waits for no man, and death & calamity slip oftentimes through the narrowest gaps.

A couple minutes to move a few things from my EDC bag to my backpacking bag, a quick stop for some eats and I'm good to go.

Hammock
    DH Darien/DIY
    Tarp
    WL Big Daddy
    Insulation
    JrB, HG, WL
    Suspension
    Whoopies
    I think I could get out the door in 20 minutes. Just stop at a store for grub.

Hammock
    clark tx 270
    Tarp
    hennessy hex 10x12
    Insulation
    E E enigma 20
    Suspension
    cinch buckle
    I keep my pack ready to go seasonally, grab water put my sleeping bag back in compression bag and gone within 15 minutes. When the weather is right i will camp just about every weekend.

Hammock
    Handmade string & 1.1 dbl DIY
    Tarp
    Claytor diamond
    Insulation
    Wiggys FTRSS, pluq
    Suspension
    Webbing, whoopies
    Images
    Me...Pack loaded sitting next to my boots. Grab food en-route to the car pack it on the move. Water stop determined by destination. Running 60 seconds.

What I'm wearing determines whether i change or not.

Once I get there I will find all the things my monkeys raided from my pack without my knowledge and just do without. It keeps things interesting anyway.

On return clean, pack, stow, rest. Hopefully with the stuff that went missing added back in on my return.

Going with the monkeys.... I need a week notice.
    Mind over matter,
    if you don't mind, it don't matter

Hammock
    DIY 126 x 65 Tablecloth
    Tarp
    chinook 9x12
    Insulation
    DIY down + synth
    Suspension
    cinchbuckle
    depends on what ready to go means.

- walking away from the house with a backpack on my back and self defense I my pocket? half hour or less.
    - camping stuff thrown in trunk, loaded into pack at trailhead? 10 minutes for me, 3 hours for family.
    - Evacuate family for major wildfire in 2011? Under 20 minutes all important stuff (photos, papers, clothes, guns, laptop, cpu, dogs, kids, etc) put in the van and truck and gone. Gone for a week. Had the chance to return to collect things twice during that week, didn't find we missed much of anything important. Keep a list of things to grab on the back of a picture in the living room to avoid missing things in an emergency. (friends of ours ONLY got their CPU and lost everything else in the house.) Luckily we came back to an intact home. (funny one on this, we told/let the kids pack their own stuff, what is important to them. My 10 year old stuffed all his stuffed animals in his sleeping bag and was ready to go. I had to make him take clothes)

Hammock
    DIY 10.5' HyperD 1.6
    Tarp
    Warbonnet, SLD
    Insulation
    Hammock Gear
    Suspension
    WB Straps+Buckles
    Images
    For my usual backpacking trips, I could probably do it in about 20 minutes comfortably. Food wouldn't be as good as usual (no cheese or candy stocked and ready to go) but everything else should be OK since I do dehydrated meals.

5 minutes to get clothes
    5 minutes to lay other gear out on floor and double-check list
    5 minutes to pack
    5 minutes to do a quick check around the house, dress, fill water bottles and get in car

Hammock
    WBXLC, WBBB, LiteOwl
    Tarp
    Superfly, MambaJam
    Insulation
    HG Phoenix, WL Sum
    Suspension
    Webbing, Whoopies
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gqgeek81 View Post
    I like this idea but I'd be so paranoid I'm leaving something behind unless I went through it all and then it would just be easier to have it unloaded to begin with.

I'm also really paranoid when I get back that I've got something wet or dirty in the pack that's going to mold or mildew if I don't unload it.
    Ha - I always have a "gear explosion" when I get home - its sit around & dry out for a couple days, then it goes back in the pack. My wife really loves it - NOT!

I am pretty ready to go within 15 minutes.

I need to unstuff my sleeping bags after my last trip, but other than that, everything is in a single box, ready to go. Could be in an alice or assault pack within minutes.

If it was longer term? Give me 5 minutes per month of food I need to pack in order to get it off shelves. within 30ish minutes, I could be set for 6 months, other than water (multiple filters though and a 5 gallon container on hand). If I am going somewhere cold, down to slightly sub freezing, I should be good, beyond that would be tougher.

• + New Posts
  • Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast