Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
    Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Insulation
    Sleepingbag Cocoon
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by Zort View Post
    Jager it's fighting sleep. He's out like a light as soon as you start petting him, but wakes up when you try to do anything else.
    Hahaha-sounds about right. Hope you guys enjoy the rum--I sure am enjoying the onion bread
    Not all those who wander are lost.
    --J. R. R. Tolkien

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lilricky View Post
    Everything is packed, 5 gallons of methanol purchased and picked up, just got to get the dates marinating in Crown Royal Maple for bacon wrapped drunken dates! Hoping to be there around 8:30am-9:00am tomorrow!
    Those dates were pretty good! Thanks for bringing them.

Hammock
    Freebird, HHExUL w/zip mod
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Dates, Rum, Mac n cheese, fried fish, rabbit stew… must have been good because the serving dishes were empty by the time I got there. No more mister nice guy next year. Gonna have to throw a few elbows.

I had a great time too. My only frustration is not enough time to hang out with all the folk I'd like to.

Thanks to everyone for making it such a great hang!
    Texas Fall Group Hang 2019

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Texas Hammock Hangers Facebook Group

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    Dates, Rum, Mac n cheese, fried fish, rabbit stew… must have been good because the serving dishes were empty by the time I got there. No more mister nice guy next year. Gonna have to throw a few elbows.

I had a great time too. My only frustration is not enough time to hang out with all the folk I'd like to.

Thanks to everyone for making it such a great hang!
    Agreed. On the deliciousness of the food, the quickness on how it disappeared, and the limited amount of time available to spend with everyone. Hanging out once a year is clearly not enough. Looking forward to the next opportunity to hang. Great job to the OG crew that put this all together and kept it running for the last 7 years.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    As I see pics and videos, I realize that I forgot some thank you's that needed to go out beyond the banker, realtor, and ringmaster trio of Oldgringo, Rat, and Captn and I know there are more than those I have listed below as well.

Thanks to our hosts Kris and the Fairfield Lake State Park team, Sarge for the tortilla contribution to breakfast, to Humer91 for what looks like the best attended splicing section that I missed, to Brandy for teaching people which trees to chew, Rat for the paracord workshop, to the Huey's for the Saturday night fire pit, back to Humer91 for the Saturday dinner firewood, to ErinKae for historical record keeping, UGQ and Dream Hammocks along with too many other prize donors to remember, and a host of photographers.

I've had several people ask me about numbers so here's what I know:

Folks from our group combined to rent at least 40 camp sites, (for a combined total of at least 124 individual site nightly rentals).

We represented at least 6 states, (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Ohio, and Michigan, not including the Lamar students from a wide range of areas).

At least 90 people joined in for Saturday morning breakfast, several multiple plate fillers too

In addition to campers there were at least 4 that I know of who made day trips out to say howdy and check it out.

As far as a grand total goes, while I haven't gotten independent confirmation from our census department, we had about 130 signed up on the planning spreadsheet. Each year there are folk who sign up who can't make it and some whose schedule clears at the last minute who can and this year that came out to be pretty much a push. There were also people who may have signed up on the FB event beyond the spreadsheet. As I reconstruct people per site, add in the visitors, subtract out the cancellations/no shows, it looks like I could have skipped all the explanation because I come out to 131 so my "official answer" is about 130.

Yes, we will do this again next year, the weekend of the second Saturday in November.

Looking back to last year to reminisce and forward to post Covid-19 hangs in 2021

Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Insulation
    Sleepingbag Cocoon
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleMJM View Post
    As I see pics and videos, I realize that I forgot some thank you's that needed to go out beyond the banker, realtor, and ringmaster trio of Oldgringo, Rat, and Captn and I know there are more than those I have listed below as well.

Thanks to our hosts Kris and the Fairfield Lake State Park team, Sarge for the tortilla contribution to breakfast, to Humer91 for what looks like the best attended splicing section that I missed, to Brandy for teaching people which trees to chew, Rat for the paracord workshop, to the Huey's for the Saturday night fire pit, back to Humer91 for the Saturday dinner firewood, to ErinKae for historical record keeping, UGQ and Dream Hammocks along with too many other prize donors to remember, and a host of photographers.

I've had several people ask me about numbers so here's what I know:

Folks from our group combined to rent at least 40 camp sites, (for a combined total of at least 124 individual site nightly rentals).

We represented at least 6 states, (Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, Ohio, and Michigan, not including the Lamar students from a wide range of areas).

At least 90 people joined in for Saturday morning breakfast, several multiple plate fillers too

In addition to campers there were at least 4 that I know of who made day trips out to say howdy and check it out.

As far as a grand total goes, while I haven't gotten independent confirmation from our census department, we had about 130 signed up on the planning spreadsheet. Each year there are folk who sign up who can't make it and some whose schedule clears at the last minute who can and this year that came out to be pretty much a push. There were also people who may have signed up on the FB event beyond the spreadsheet. As I reconstruct people per site, add in the visitors, subtract out the cancellations/no shows, it looks like I could have skipped all the explanation because I come out to 131 so my "official answer" is about 130.

Yes, we will do this again next year, the weekend of the second Saturday in November.
    I will count up the campsites and see how many we can guesstimate joined us. I don't know if everyone got a chance to sign in.
    --J. R. R. Tolkien

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erinkae View Post
    I will count up the campsites and see how many we can guesstimate joined us. I don't know if everyone got a chance to sign in.
    I know Gracie and I forgot to sign in. Sorry bout that.

Hammock
    Lite Owl
    Insulation
    Sleepingbag Cocoon
    Suspension
    Dutch Clips
    Quote Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
    I know Gracie and I forgot to sign in. Sorry bout that.
    That's okay what site number and who all was in your site?
    --J. R. R. Tolkien

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    We shared the hospitality site, 26.

Hammock
    Tarp
    HM Suite, UGQ, HG
    Insulation
    WB Yeti, 5n1 Jerry
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by erinkae View Post
    That's okay what site number and who all was in your site?
    Speaking of site numbers, I didn't think to mention to you that there were at least 4 sites of folks at Cooks Ferry...

• + New Posts
  • Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast