Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hammock
    Hennessy hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy tarp

What do you think about double hammock and water resistant hammock?

When I use hammock, After rain I found a little water drop or moisture under hammock. Hammock fabric need to water resistant coated and protect bite from mosquito? And my wife need to join my trip but she not comfortable to use 1 person hammock, she ask about 2 persons hammock but I think not real comfortable. If 2 persons is good idea, I will try to design it.

Please share your comment

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Hello, powerboil.
    A water-proof hammock is not a comfortable hammock to be in. Never. Bad idea. No good. It will make you wet, very uncomfortable, and will make you feel disgusting the entire time, every time. You should rather to have a good, very water-proof tarp/rainfly ABOVE your hammock. A hammock should be soft, light, and very breathable. A double-layer hammock will protect you from mosquitos. -- Also, two people in one hammock is usually not a good thing for two travelers. Two hammocks for two travelers is better. If your trip will be an adventurous experience, two hammocks will be the superior choice for two travelers. Your brave and snuggly wife may have to learn how to be comfortable in her own hammock. It is easy and very comfortable. I have Read about people who insist on sleeping together in a hammock. I have never Heard people speak of this, nor especially have I ever Seen such people. It would be a big, big mistake to not have two hammocks & two tarps for two adventure travelers.

Hammock
    Hennessy hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy tarp
    Hi irondog

Thank you for comment. About water drop on bottom hammock, I found ground wet from moisture of rain and evaporate at bottom of hammock. How to protect it?

Hammock
    WBBB; Bridge in progress
    Tarp
    DIY Hex
    Insulation
    Short UQ/pad combo
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    2qzq makes an uq protector that you would hang loosely under the hammock. As far as the moisture issue, try pitching the tarp a little lower or use a set of doors or grizbeaks to close off the windward side.
    There are some psudo two people hammock options. There is the vertex hammock and Dutch has some hardware where you can hang two hammocks right next to each other.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    Check out Fronkey's videos. He and Pockets(his wife) go out together a lot and hang side by side under 1 tarp. That way you're in your own hammocks and still next to each other within touching distance for security.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Hennessy hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy tarp
    Quote Originally Posted by LostCause View Post
    2qzq makes an uq protector that you would hang loosely under the hammock. As far as the moisture issue, try pitching the tarp a little lower or use a set of doors or grizbeaks to close off the windward side.
    There are some psudo two people hammock options. There is the vertex hammock and Dutch has some hardware where you can hang two hammocks right next to each other.
    Wow! vertex hammock give me a great idea!! Thank LostCause!!

Hammock
    Hennessy hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy tarp
    Quote Originally Posted by Floridahanger View Post
    Check out Fronkey's videos. He and Pockets(his wife) go out together a lot and hang side by side under 1 tarp. That way you're in your own hammocks and still next to each other within touching distance for security.

OK! I saw some clips, wow! you have cold wind and ice, in my country just hot air and hard rain. I think may be buy a new bigger tarp!

By the way, what do you think about Alpine Hammock?

http://www.alpinehammock.com

Hammock
    Hennessy Deep Jungle XL
    Tarp
    HH Stock or Hex
    Insulation
    Clothes, Pad, S.B.
    Suspension
    Python Straps
    Well, naturally, a larger tarp will give you a larger dry area beneath your hammock. Bringing your tarp down low and lowering the sides will offer protection from wind-driven rain and splashing. Later, when you are experiencing sunshine and evaporation, you may open one side of your tarp, or completely remove your tarp, to allow the rain to evaporate freely without condensing onto your hammock and tarp. -- Regarding the Alpine Hammock: So, this is a tiny tent AND a bridge hammock? Hmmmm. This is like a houseboat... Not a good house, AND not a good boat. I am suspicious of a thing which tells me it is also another thing. Such clever things are usually a failure at being ANYthing, and inevitably lead (me) to disappointment and regret. Investigate thoroughly, and make your own decision. I do not want a rifle-paddle-shovel, nor would I recommend a lawyer-doctor-mechanic to my friend, and I will never kiss a woman who is also a man and a rainbow.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    The problem with these types of styles, like this Alpine Hammock, is that you need a pad inside the hammock because an UQ(more comfortable to me) would be outside and get soaked. This hammock is like a Chrysalis hammock in that each has a fly. Here it is without the top. I cannot find a picture of it with the top on, it's at the foot end.
    IMG_0091 copy.jpg
    I agree that with your conditions, you may want a larger tarp like a winter tarp. This is because of the wide sides and doors at the end. I love my large tarp for Florida because we also get a lot of windy rain here. Many tropical type storms.
    Here is the closed tarp after a storm.
    IMG_0322 copy.jpg
    The next day. This day the storm changed directions on me and I alternated closing the doors on one side then the other due to a change in the wind direction. Here is the head end after the storm.
    IMG_0319 copy.jpg IMG_0321 copy.jpg
    After the storm it was a great evening and I could totally open the hammock to get the best breeze. This is the next morning.
    IMG_0372 copy.jpg IMG_0371 copy.jpg

Good luck in your hunt for the best equipment for your area and adventures.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    Hennessy hammock
    Tarp
    Hennessy tarp
    Quote Originally Posted by irondog View Post
    Well, naturally, a larger tarp will give you a larger dry area beneath your hammock. Bringing your tarp down low and lowering the sides will offer protection from wind-driven rain and splashing. Later, when you are experiencing sunshine and evaporation, you may open one side of your tarp, or completely remove your tarp, to allow the rain to evaporate freely without condensing onto your hammock and tarp. -- Regarding the Alpine Hammock: So, this is a tiny tent AND a bridge hammock? Hmmmm. This is like a houseboat... Not a good house, AND not a good boat. I am suspicious of a thing which tells me it is also another thing. Such clever things are usually a failure at being ANYthing, and inevitably lead (me) to disappointment and regret. Investigate thoroughly, and make your own decision. I do not want a rifle-paddle-shovel, nor would I recommend a lawyer-doctor-mechanic to my friend, and I will never kiss a woman who is also a man and a rainbow.
    Thank a lot. I will try big tarp. But hard to find in Thailand, i try to built it.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast