Treklite Double
    Tarp
    SG 12 x 12 camo
    Insulation
    CCF Pad
    Suspension
    Rings!
    Images
    Well I do enjoy a frosty beverage, but I wasn't showing excitement, I was stating fact. I can promise that if I or Ricegravy show up, there WILL be beer lol.
    Relax, monsters under the hammock are easily distracted by twister-playing squirrels.

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Do I need to bring anything for the saturday night meal? I may not be getting in until late in the evening on friday because I will need to work that day.

Is there a map for where we're going to be with a site number? I don't carry a cell phone, so I'll have no means of communication once I'm on the road to Columbia. Can I mail someone my hammock and have them set it up for me?
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

-- Stuart Adamson

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by Dameon View Post
    Well I do enjoy a frosty beverage, but I wasn't showing excitement, I was stating fact. I can promise that if I or Ricegravy show up, there WILL be beer lol.
    Sounds like a good plan to me . Just didn't want to have to hide it in the jeep while out there if it wasn't "permitted" by park rules.

Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskrat View Post
    I'm sensing some enthusiasm here for the barley beverage . . .
    I do have a distinct affinity for a cold, hoppy beverage from time to time! ***Warning*** I stopped by today and there is a sign in the parking lot that states no alcoholic beverages.. was looking at it as a guy walked past with a twelve pack of Budweiser going fishing! I always bring a cup or glass to covertly contain my apple juice I will be getting there Friday evening, will try to slip out of work a little early but will probably be 4:30 or so before I can set up.

Look forward to meeting everyone and maybe learning how to correctly setup my hammock! Last forecast I saw was low in 40's, perfect sleeping weather!

Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    Do I need to bring anything for the saturday night meal? I may not be getting in until late in the evening on friday because I will need to work that day.

Is there a map for where we're going to be with a site number? I don't carry a cell phone, so I'll have no means of communication once I'm on the road to Columbia. Can I mail someone my hammock and have them set it up for me?
    Howdy Fulminated!

Saturday night food to share is at your discretion. We have chicken bog, cornbread, maybe cobbler and doughboys. I know a couple of dads are bringing their kids along and may bring some hotdogs as well for them. I may also throw my grill / griddle in the truck for group use at other meals.

Don't know from where you are traveling, but if you get on Hwy 378 leaving Lexington heading towards Saluda, go to the Saluda County line There will be a sign on the right that says SCE&G 3 (I know we are camping at 4, but they are close together and there is only sign for 3 from Lexington side on 378)
    From Hwy 378 (coming from Lexington) you will turn right on Holley Ferry Rd beside the County Line store there is a portable sign across the road advertising a haunted trail which will probably still be there on Friday. Follow Holley Ferry for 1.5 miles bear left on Prices Bridge Rd (there is a sign with SCE&G 4 and an arrow just before turn) go 1.7 miles and turn right on Riverbend Pt road then 0.7 miles. I am planning on setting up at the end of the point. There are no official campsites. I will try and put out a few recognizable signs pointing the way from 378! If coming from points further north on I-26 I would suggest exiting at Newberry exit, take 76 to Prosperity. from Prosperity take 391 across the top of the Lake. You will encounter a traffic circle where 391 and 378 intersect. follow loop around and take 378 towards Lexington. don't know exact distance but follow 378 3-4 miles and turn left on Holley Ferry at County Line. Hope this helps!

You can also Mapquest to Riverbend Pt rd in Prosperity SC (see my map on a previous post)

Hammock
    WBBB Double 1.7
    Tarp
    Super Fly
    Insulation
    Burrow,Yetti,WInc
    Suspension
    webbing/Dutchclips
    Quote Originally Posted by redbank View Post
    I do have a distinct affinity for a cold, hoppy beverage from time to time! ***Warning*** I stopped by today and there is a sign in the parking lot that states no alcoholic beverages.. was looking at it as a guy walked past with a twelve pack of Budweiser going fishing! I always bring a cup or glass to covertly contain my apple juice I will be getting there Friday evening, will try to slip out of work a little early but will probably be 4:30 or so before I can set up.

Look forward to meeting everyone and maybe learning how to correctly setup my hammock! Last forecast I saw was low in 40's, perfect sleeping weather!
    Thanks. Wasn't sure if there was a posting or not, but that is good to know. Hadn't checked out the forecast yet but 40's sounds great.

Hammock
    In a SkeeterBeaterPro...for now
    As long as you turn down Holly Ferry Rd. beside that county store, the rest of the way to SCE&G 4 is well marked with signs.

Does anyone know if the gravel parking lot will be open? That's the closest to where we'll be camping and the last 2 times I've been out there the gate was locked. Same question goes for the bathrooms, I know they get locked up at times, does anyone know when?

Edit: Friday night may drop down to high 30's, NOAA.gov says low of 38.
    A free canoe is better than no canoe.

Hammock
    CJK-ultralight
    Tarp
    Wilderness Logics
    Insulation
    3/4 crowsnest
    Suspension
    Whoopie sling
    Images
    if all goes well ill be there.Ill be leaving Mt.Cheaha state park and drive 6hrs to the hang.Maybe ill find it.Thanks,Charles

Hammock
    none
    Tarp
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by salmonofdoubt View Post
    As long as you turn down Holly Ferry Rd. beside that county store, the rest of the way to SCE&G 4 is well marked with signs.

Does anyone know if the gravel parking lot will be open? That's the closest to where we'll be camping and the last 2 times I've been out there the gate was locked. Same question goes for the bathrooms, I know they get locked up at times, does anyone know when?

Edit: Friday night may drop down to high 30's, NOAA.gov says low of 38.
    so if this gate is locked, where else is there to park that is safe and how far of a walk is it?
    I have heard your confession I know who you blame
    If you had it all back you'd just lose it again
    Can't bank on redemption if you ain't saved
    Don't bring me your tales of temptation and loss
    Don't bring me the pieces of your shattered cross

-- Stuart Adamson

Hammock
    ENO doublenest
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fulminated View Post
    so if this gate is locked, where else is there to park that is safe and how far of a walk is it?
    There is a paved lot right beside it, just on opposite side from where we will camp. About an extra 50-100 yds.

So far I haven't been able to locate someone who can tell me how to get the gravel lot gate opened, still working on it!

• + New Posts
  • Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast