Tarp
    Warbonnett
    Insulation
    JRB Nest/Sleep Bag
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images

JRB The Nest, sweet

I used the UQ this past week on a trip from Pen Mar to HF. The uq made a huge difference, its really a nice product, well made, warm and packable. Its my first down anything, its the way to go. Toss the ccf pad! I used it in a HH.

I even used it as a top quilt in the shelter, basically because of laziness, (rationalized shelter use due to fatigue and heavy rain).

Hammock
    diy
    Tarp
    diy 9x11
    Insulation
    JRB No Sniveller
    Suspension
    CBs + DCs
    Images
    Hi Scrapes,

I really love my Nest as well. I recently modified my HH with a zipper so I don't need the slit feature on the quilt anymore, but it still works great and also works great on several other hammocks that I've tried it with.

The last several times I went backpacking with my daughter, she claims the Nest for herself!

I have a No Sniveller as well. JRB makes some wonderful gear!

Underquilts are the way to go, IMO. Glad it worked out for you!

Welcome to the forum, btw

Hammock
    Warbonnet BB
    Tarp
    HG Cuben Fiber
    Insulation
    HG UL and TQ
    Suspension
    Whoopie Sling
    Images
    For someone who sleeps a bit on the cold side, what are the expected tempts at which you can sleep comfortably? This happens to be one of the quilts I am considering...

Quote Originally Posted by Kerflop View Post
    For someone who sleeps a bit on the cold side, what are the expected tempts at which you can sleep comfortably? This happens to be one of the quilts I am considering...
    My Nest is an older model with 1.5in. baffles, I've been able to sleep comfortably down to the high twenties using a Rock Wren bag, which has about the same loft as a No Sniveler. Current JRB Nests have 2in baffles (except for the Winter Nest/3in baffles) so they should be 5-10 degrees warmer. I consider myself an "average" sleeper when it relates to temperature. If you sleep cold you should make it to freezing with no problem. As you near these low temps, a head covering is a non-negotiable item, and the warmest is the JRB Down Hood. Get yourself a good/light vest, mine is the Golite Cirrus, and sew free magic/velcro to the standup collar using the free kit from JRB (with excellent instructions). Fasten the velcro of the Hood to the vest and you'll add about a ten degree(or more) cushion to your sleep system.

Hammock
    HH ULA
    Tarp
    Warbonnett
    Insulation
    JRB Nest/Sleep Bag
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images

fine tuning

The whole "system" has been fine tuned. I added a Warbonnet 3 season large tarp, ring and strap, and JRB Nest. Loved it, went up quickly, hung the tarp tight and on its own ridge tie out using my poles to create that porch feeling. The UQ makes for comfortable sleep. Ditch the pad. Cooked breakfast sitting in the HH under the porch out of the rain. Its taken me awhile but I really think I got it.

I have to thank the Warbonnet guys I had the tarp in my hand in about 3 days, they responded to my request for a quick delivery.

Along that same line JRB was great too, Jack invited me to his home to pick up the underquilt and he was willing to set up hammocks in his yard to show me the setup.

This is a great forum.

• + New Posts