Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    BW 10x10 Sqaure
    Insulation
    Pad and Quilt
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps

Warbonnet Ridgerunner

So just placed my first Hammock order. Picked up a multicam 2 layer RidgeRunner. I do alot of backpacking and do some hunting also so this will be my first experience with a true professional hammock. Excited to say the least. I currently own a hammock from Tim Davis of Blackwillow Outdoors. Love it. Comfortable but I wanted to try out a non burrito type hammock =). Any tips or tricks for a new guy?

Thanks in advance

Hammock
    I have many so....
    Tarp
    Blackcrow DIY Tarp
    Insulation
    FrankenquiltUQ/Pod
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Hey feller....enjoy the RR.
    Shug

Whooooo Buddy)))) All Secure in Sector Seven

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    BW 10x10 Sqaure
    Insulation
    Pad and Quilt
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Hey feller....enjoy the RR.
    Shug

Shug, I totally want to hang (Literally) with you. You sir are a hoot and I enjoy your channel. Your a big part of why I decided to go with the RR. Thanks man and keep doing what you do. Your like Robin Williams brother. =-)

Hammock
    WBRR dbl 1.1
    Tarp
    Superfly
    Insulation
    Shopping
    Suspension
    DIY whoopie\SLS
    Images
    Love my ridgerunner as well. The mods I've made are pretty basic but add greatly to the ability to find usable trees. Search shortening the suspension triangle there are a bunch of threads. Also, I like an insulated inflateable pad between the layers just slightly blown up with a underquilt (if you would have to go to ground you have a pad too). I've found this bridge set-up to me nearly ideal for me. Also, if you're ever looking for an eastern hammocker to join you on a hunting trip in Colorado pm me ;-)
    I think that I shall never see
    A poem as lovely as a tree.... Joyce Kilmer "Trees"

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    Let us know what you think of it, when you get it set up -- questions too, of course. I'd pace off 15' between the trees, at least.

Hammock
    Warbonnet Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    BW 10x10 Sqaure
    Insulation
    Pad and Quilt
    Suspension
    Warbonnet Straps
    Thank you Chac. I sure will. I just ordered a set of mnt smith Trekker poles that look like I wont need to mod to use as my spreader bars. I use trekking poles in the field so having duel duty is right up my alley.
    I do have a question for you Ridgerunner pro's out there.

I have 2 different backpacking pads a Big Agnes Qcore insulated and a exped Synmat. Also use a quilt already from Enlightened equipment for my top insulation. And I have a Kifaru Doobie. Im wondering will a pad do me just fine in the field? Or should I work on finding an underquilt? Also I see some out there have made a Kifaru Woobie/Doobie work as a bottom quilt. Do you think my Doobie would work better to insulate my nether region or should I go with the pad? I was thinking I could just fold the Doobie in half and slide it into the sleeve of my Double layer underside. (not a fat joke) =)
    Id like to make what I have work but if it will be an epic failure Id like to here some feedback from you guys on what your thoughts are on what I have to work with or should I try to sell the Doobie and a pad to hook up with a bottom quilt? Also whats going to give me the best bang for my buck? Doobie or a pad under me? Thanks again for all of your insight.

And second Question? Woopie or the webbing and buckle? Im thinking the webbing and buckle will be easiest to adjust but the Woopie is lighter. Im no stranger to carrying some weight on my back so really the weight isnt that big a deal to me. More curious on versatility and ease of setup.

Another Question. I just picked up a set of Kammok Python straps from there website for my single wall hammock. Would these be even better to use with a Dutch Clip? Or stick what comes with the warbonnet suspension setup?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Hanginouthunter; 08-09-2015 at 21:11.

Hammock
    Kammok or WB RR ,Yunon earth
    Tarp
    Superfly w/ doors
    Insulation
    Snugfit & Burrow
    Suspension
    dutch cilps
    It a great hammock I like it a lot

Hammock
    Ridgerunner
    Tarp
    Warbonnet Superfly
    Insulation
    DIY
    Suspension
    Every time
    I really like whoopie slings for the small packed size and weight.- but- I prefer the buckles with my ridgerunner as they allow for a wider range of hanging distances...especially on the shorter end where whoopies/straps would require more length to work properly.....that's the long way of saying you can use closer trees with the buckles. The ridgerunner is quite long already.

The pad works well but (for me) also provides a a more clammy feeling than underquilts. Quilts also pack smaller and faster.

Great hammock!

Hammock
    WB RidgeRunner DL
    Tarp
    WB Superfly
    Insulation
    Burrow; pads, Lynx
    Suspension
    Dutch's Cinch Bugs
    Hanginouthunter,

Might be best to get the RR and use what you've already got, so you can settle on how that works for you where you like to hang, then look for adding whatever seems to be needed. You're not sayin' what the temps will be where you'll be hanging... Its not so much what is best; more what works best for this particular trip, or condition, etc.

Myself, I prefer an inflatable pad, because without one the RR feels like I'm lying in the bottom of a ditch -- my feet squeezed too close together. This weekend, I used my pad and then added the Lynx underquilt because it was going to be under 45 degrees. My pad -- the green insulated Sea to Summut one (I reviewed it in the review section) -- works well until it drops much below 50 degrees. The Lynx is wonderful, fits perfectly, and is supposedly good to 20 degrees (which I'm not likely to be out in); but it doesn't address the squeeze issue, for me. Note that your experience may be very different -- best to try out the pads you have first, and see (esp. since I don't know the pads you've got).

After using the standard Warbonnet webbing suspension, I've recently switched to Dutch's cinch bugs with camo webbing. The cinch bugs are easier to adjust, and they also cut some of the length from the standard RR. With the camo webbing (because its softer), cinch bugs hold well; with a firmer webbing strap, they're not so good. Here too it may be best to try out what you get first, then fiddle with it later on, if needed. We may know more about how long the cinch bugs/webbing system will hold up, later on.

I can't think of a better hammock to watch the Perseid meteor showers from, than my RR... Now all I need is some clear dark sky.

Hammock
    Ridge Runner
    Tarp
    Cuben W/Doors
    Insulation
    Pad
    Suspension
    stock straps
    Try out your pads first. On my RR I used down under quilt because it's what I had. Some love a 3.5 inch thick long wide pad that's slightly under inflated. With a pad the hammock will feel more tippy but I never fell out unless I wanted to. I had duct tape and cotton over the ends of the spreader bars to prevent tarp puncture.

• + New Posts
  • Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast