Double Ended Stuff Sack vs. Black Bishop Bag

I am wondering what dictates using one or the other. If you have your whoopies larks headed over the whippings then you would probably use the double ended stuff sack. However, if you are using continuous loops in some configuration, then you would have straps with some sort of dutch bling to allow the suspension to clip to the continuous loops, then the black bishop bags would be a better choice? Bottom line question is that your suspension setup is the deciding factor?

Thoughts?

BTW, somewhat new hanger here from hotter then H-E-(double hockey sticks) Texas. I just made a Tefetta table cloth hammock with the Arrowhead Anniversary whoopie sling kit. I still have a Yukon Outfitters hammock with bug net, and couldn't get comfortable in it, possibly gave me a Patellar tendon knee problem because the thing was so short. I am thinking about making a Fronkey style bug net for it. Still trying to figure out the approach to hammock camping. Still need to figure out the UQ something, as I stated in my first post last summer, I got cold even in the hot weather when trying to sleep in it next to a lake when the temps went into the high 70's.

8r1an

Hammock
    Hennesy
    Tarp
    various
    Insulation
    pads, foam
    Images
    Depending on how big one makes their bung hole about any suspension can be handled. OTOH the Bishop bag does not come off as easily as the double ender again because of the hole size. That is a mixed bag to some extent. If you want to use the stuff sack as your pillow it entails a bit more work. IF you want to leave the bad on the line as a stash point it's another choice. It's really all about what you want the stuff sack to do when the hammock deployed.
    YMMV

HYOH

Free advice worth what you paid for it. ;-)

Hammock
    Argon 11 ft or HH BKUL
    Tarp
    Asym DIY Pole Mod
    Insulation
    DIY, Jarbrige,HHSS
    Suspension
    Lashings
    Images
    I have one of each - but I use my double ended stuff sack as a bishop bag (by keeping one end cinched closed all the time). I never could think of a reason for the double end (unless it is used as a short snake skin to keep pitching a tarp under control when windy).
    Enjoying the simple things in life -
    Own less, live more.

Hammock
    Ridge Outdoor Gear Pinnacle 360
    Tarp
    UGQ Rect. and HHex
    Insulation
    DIY CDT/synth sets
    Suspension
    Straps/Speed Hooks
    Images
    I use a BlackBishop bag since the beginning. The suspension was a Whoopie larksheaded to the hammock then thru the hole. I just left the Whoopie outside or sometimes I would pull it thru from the inside a little. Never had an negative issue.

Now I use 6" CL larksheaded and out the hole. I use a micro carabiner to keep the short continuous loop from slipping inside the bag and, sometimes, this carabiner is for the UQ suspension to hook to. Double duty. Again, no negative issues.

This may not help because it's a "both work well to me" answer to your "this or that" question.

Oldpappy, it's so you can put your suspension into each side of the bag without unclipping or removing the straps and still keeping it contained into 1 bag.
    Enjoy and have fun with your family, before they have fun without you

Hammock
    DIY Poly D or Robic XL
    Tarp
    DIY Winter w/doors
    Insulation
    Downy Goodness
    Suspension
    Beetle or DIY Hook
    A double ended stuff sack can be used as intended or as a bishop bag. I prefer the double ended. Then I can choose which ever fits my need at the time.
    Outdoors > Indoors
    I love me some XeroShoes
    “An optimist is a man who plants two acorns and buys a hammock.” ― Jean de Lattre de Tassigny

• + New Posts