Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Hey Beep .... i have used one on the BB with great success. Covered the footbox fine. Personally, I did not like the bulk of it and have gone back to my DWR Home-brew weathershield. They both do the job....
    I would not hesitate to use the DD again.
    Shug of the Shield
    Since I don't especially like ponchos as rain gear (alternate use), I'm inclined to your DWR-type solution. As it turns out, Paul Gibson and I are in brainstorming/planning mode for a Momentum fabric weathershield that would be more tailored to the WBBB, especially for the ends. The goal is to have "enough" fabric for coverage but no more than is needed to avoid the bulk/excess at the gathered ends of the hammock body. I'll keep everyone posted as to our progress, though it will probably be in a new thread as we complete our scheming and planning.

BTW, Shug, a lot of my gyrations over all this are YOUR FAULT! Your cheery and entertaining videos made me think about what it would really take to extend my hammocking into the Minnesota winter. My non-hammocking acquaintances positively roll their eyes at my foolhardy plans for being out overnight in winter weather, much less IN A HAMMOCK!!! I think the only solution is that we'll have to look for a weekend outing together (along with other crazies foolish enough to join us) once you have finished the fair circuit for the season..
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

Hammock
    BMBH UL
    Tarp
    HG Cuben w/ doors
    Insulation
    JRB
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Pricey but I use the Integral Designs Sil Poncho as a weather shield for my WBBB all the time. Works great and also serves other functions as rain gear and additional tarp if needed for whatever reason. It has many tie-out loops and even a shock cord with cord-lock already built in on one end.

Hammock
    WB BB 1.1 dbl
    Tarp
    MacCat Dlx SpinnUL
    Insulation
    Phoenix/Incubator
    Suspension
    Whoopie Slings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MrToot View Post
    Pricey but I use the Integral Designs Sil Poncho as a weather shield for my WBBB all the time. Works great and also serves other functions as rain gear and additional tarp if needed for whatever reason. It has many tie-out loops and even a shock cord with cord-lock already built in on one end.
    Heh...that's the "other" poncho I have, but frankly I've never used it. I bought it as a backup "tarp" solution for solo tripping from my ground-dwelling days.
    "The more I carry the happier I am in camp; the less I carry the happier I am getting there" - Sgt. Rock

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12