Hammock
    Dangerbird
    Tarp
    BWDD
    Insulation
    UGQ/UGQ
    Suspension
    Whoopies/ET
    I had a similar issue with my ASYM this past trip. I never touched the netting, but clearly can see the netting at eye level on the left while nothing on the right. I found that before I sat down if I pulled some material to my left and then sat down, this elimated the problem. I actually found by doing this, it got much more comfortable as well. It seemd the stress was more down the center and supporting my lower back more the way I was laying. I am always learning to adjust the hang and lay of the hammock. Either way, much better than the ground....:-)

Hammock
    HHBP or Expr summer, diyMutts other
    Tarp
    HH Explr or HH Hex
    Insulation
    IXUQ+NeoAr
    Suspension
    Rings+Static line
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
    Except that it should be "Gesundheit!"
    Gesundheit, Gesunheit, Gesuntheit

As Andy Jackson said, "It's a **** poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
    "There's no accounting for other people's taste in love, fiction and huntin' dogs." ---Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Rather-B-Camping View Post
    Thanks all. The tie downs are matched correctly and we know that we are laying in it correctly, we just weren't aware that one side was supposed to be so much higher than the other. It's not that we want to be able to look out both sides at the same time, in fact I don't want to be able to see out either side, that means I have an opening in my shelter. We just want it to be even.

My friend told me that at a couple points during the night he was actually laying on the mesh itself and had to adjust to get back on the hammock. If the mesh hadn't been there he would have fallen out. What do you guys do to at least keep it to a minimum?

Ramblinrev, I am slightly appalled at your comment. I am not a taco, and to insinuate that I am is slightly disturbing to say the least. I'm more of a snack wrap . But I think I like your style.
    when I want a tighter closure I run the side tie-out for the hammock through the ring are the corner of the tarp. I then either run both lines through the wrist strap on a treking pole and down tothe ground, or tie them a few feet up on a tree. this pulls the corner of the hammock out and up and keeps the corner of the tarp tight to the corner of the hammock.

has always worked well for windy/rainy nights.

• + New Posts
  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123