Warbonnet Blackbird
    Tarp
    Superfly.
    Insulation
    Yeti / Burrow
    Suspension
    Straps and rings
    Images
    Hey there fellow coaster. I ain't tellin ya what or what not to do but just letting you know what I have found. I am 6' 240#. I have a blackbird. I's a double 1.7 but you would probably do well with a double 1.1. I use my hammock year round and after messing about with some home made attempts I picked up an UQ. There were a couple times in the dead heat of summer where I went without any insulation at all but there were also a couple times (still in summer) where I needed it. I didn't notice right away when i went to bed, but come 3 am or so I was up and chilly. I always bring my quilt and use it when neccessary. It packs small, weighs little, and sets up in seconds. The one I have is a winter yeti. I chose a yeti beacuse it was small and still very effective. I chose the winter one cuz he was sold out of 3 season at the time but I do not regret it at all, and if i had to replace it, would buy a winter one again. As I mentioned I used it in the summer but did need to vent it which was easy to do. I understand you don't intend to do any cold weather camping but if you do any in spring or fall, I'm willing to bet that you will want something under you. That said try it all ways first. Go without any (be ready with a bailout plan or do it at home in the yard) if it works then that's perfect. If not try a pad. If that works and you like it fine then bonus just saved a pile. But, and it's only my opinion and as such is worth about as much as the paper it's printed on, If you find that you do need insulation, and you have the money to spend, then swingin in a hammock with a quilt under you is about as comfy and relaxing as it gets. One of those epiphanic moments in life when you go "Eh, not to shabby!"
    Seriously though, Pretty frickin comfy.
    I thought I was wrong once, turns out I was wrong about that.

Hammock
    Varies
    Tarp
    GargoyleGear Ogee
    Insulation
    UQ-varies w/season
    Suspension
    Dutchgear
    Quote Originally Posted by angrysparrow View Post

The thicker the material, the less stretch there will be. But, there is a point where any given fabric thickness is fine for a given weight.
    For me, at least, the lack of stretch translates to slightly less comfortable. The lighter fabric would have been a better choice for me (225#).
    Dave

"Loneliness is the poverty of self; solitude is the richness of self."~~~May Sarton

• + New Posts
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12